modified value

08GTowner

Apr 14, 2008
Hey everyone

I am brand new to posting and forums as that goes so forgive me if I do anything wrong. I am about to embark on a journey I have been waiting along time to to be in a position to do. I own outright a 2008 Mustang GT Deluxe bought for around $30,000 with the transferable extended warrantee (100,000 miles or seven years). I have offered a reputable dealer in classic cars my car for his 1969 Mach 1. He has accepted my offer + $2500 I have been wanting a 69 mach 1 since I was old enough to know what a car was and this car is a beauty however... I knew about the engine not being the original (351 to a 390) and the factory air being ripped out but now I find out the paint is not the original color not even original to the year (dark Ivy green) but also the interior has been changed from white to black. The original exterior was blue (not sure which blue) so the ivy green looks much nicer in my opinion and the black interior is also a nicer choice to the white(also in my opinion) This car is nice looking all around couple little dings other then that really nice. (You can see it at carrollstauto.com) its priced at $25,900 is a car like that being modified as much as it has worth this kind of deal or should I keep looking? Thanks for your help and please dont hesitate to be honest.

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldn't worry as much about the original color of the paint or interior as much as I would about the structure of the car. This car looks ok but I can't see them getting 25k for that car. That kind of money for a 390 that looks like it was just pulled from a junk yard, looks to have rust around the shock tower, trunk etc... It's hard to tell from those pictures but I would keep looking.

Thanks DJE55 I am still in the process of looking at this car I am hoping at best he will drop the $2500 but even at that I have my doubts car looked pretty solid but I will be sure and check the areas you mentioned again. Thanks and nice stang you got there would be proud of that!

A local guy near me just bought a pretty nice '69 Mach I for $23,000 from a guy in Oregon. It's all stock, red with a black interior, slats, spoiler, etc. Personally, I look for Mustang prices to drop a bit in the coming months, so if you're a buyer, you may want to hold off until you find the perfect car. Also, there's no way on God's green earth I'd use a vintage Mustang as my only transportation, if that's your plan. I know a couple guys who do, and trust me, it gets old real quick. But anyway, welcome to the forum and keep looking, you'll find exactly what you're looking for.

Hey Zookeeper thanks for the input. The Mustang I have or will have is strictly a toy. have two other vehicles so I purchased the current one back in August thinking it would cure the itch I was wrong! There is just something about the classics that I gotta have. I have only put 1000 miles on it and its been garaged since late October. I bet you see a ton of the old ones out by you.

Well I took a good look at the car today up on the lift, what I saw didnt do anything for me. all the undercoating was original was what I was told (really... funny... cars werent undercoated in 69) this car just wasnt worth the money they wanted. I guess I will just keeep looking. I took it for a ride it skipped and sounded so out of tune. It really didnt look all that bad but there was to many things that just didnt give me the warm fuzzies. ten to twelve thousand at best in my opinion. Thank you all for your honesty.

my car also had a thin undercoating as well, but it was done by ziebart however i don't know if the original owner had it done or if the dealer did it for her.

if you don't absolutely have to have a mach 1 i have a 69 GT coupe that is about to be up for sale. it's an M code, auto, ps, pdb, ac car. originally lime gold metallic, with ivy gold standard interior and black vinyl top but i redid the car in acapulco blue, black deluxe interior and black vinyl top. i bought the car from the original owner's sister. not the original engine but still a 351 and i've done some work to this one, mild cam, edelbrock intake, 625 road demon carb, mallory unilite conversion in the stock dizzy and hedman shorty headers. also swapped in a 3.25 gearset from a 69 390 mach back in high school but the car still has the original rearend housing and trans which has a shift kit in it. right now i'm having a problem with the governor in the trans but it should be fixed this week i hope.

i have added 69 shelby side scoops but have the original 1/4 vents as well. the car currently has 17" edelbrock 454 wheels on it too. i'm going to be asking $28K for it once it's all said and done, i still have a few small detail items that need to be done before it's really ready to sell but it will done very soon

there are some pics here but i don't have any pics of the interior up yet and i need to get some better ones of the car when it's not getting rained on but this should give you an idea

http://www.1969stang.com/gallery/bnickel69gt