Modular Depot: My feelings about them.

Skidzz

Tinkerbell
Apr 11, 2005
Salt Lake City, UT
Well it's officially. I will not be taking my car to MD Motorsports again. I was going to have them install gears for me later on, but not now. For those of you who don't know, they recently did my PI swap and comp cams. They did well on the work and tune, but they still have my NPI heads, cams, PI cams, and NPI intake, which they said they would hold onto for me until I sold the parts on EBAY, and then they would send the parts to the buyer for me. They also forgot to re-install my STB and I didn't notice until I was back home in WV. They told me they would send me the STB in the mail and send me pics of the parts to sell on EBAY. Since then, I have not heard from them or been able to reach them. They don't answer their phone, return my calls, or answer my messages in their forums. My friend that lives near them has gone over there numerous times, and says they are never there. Hell, the day of my appointment to put the car in, they didn't show up until about 11:00 a.m. It's like they just stroll in and work whenever they feel like it. What kind of business runs like that? So, I guess I'm going to have to take a trip back to Cinci., and God help them if they don't have ALL of my parts. I won't be doing business with MD again.

• Sponsors (?)

Skidzz said:
They still have my NPI heads, cams, PI cams, and NPI intake, which they said they would hold onto for me until I sold the parts on EBAY, and then they would send the parts to the buyer for me.

John Hennessey works for Modular Depot? :shrug:

Henceforward said:
John Hennessey works for Modular Depot? :shrug:
I think so, although I didn't meet him personally. Maybe I should go to his shop. I bet my parts are there. I think it's time we rallied together and started kicking ass. Afterall, without us, they wouldn't make money. We should start with MD and SH, what do you think, tom?

Why didn't you put the parts in the trunk and take them with you when you left? You cannot expect a company to babysit your stuff for you after you leave. They will tell you anything you want to hear before you pay but once you are gone and don't take your stuff they shouldn't have to send you pics or ship your stuff etc...I bet your stuff is already at the scrap yard.

Yea, some so called "good" shops have been pretty crappy lately. I just had a not so good experience with Houston Performance , which used to be "the place" to go in Houston, but i won't be going back there at all.

alot of times, shops either get too much business and can't keep up, or they become too full of themselves and forget the little people who got them to where they are. i hope neither is the case with MD.

DropTopPony said:
Why didn't you put the parts in the trunk and take them with you when you left? You cannot expect a company to babysit your stuff for you after you leave. They will tell you anything you want to hear before you pay but once you are gone and don't take your stuff they shouldn't have to send you pics or ship your stuff etc...I bet your stuff is already at the scrap yard.
Um it was their idea. I was getting ready to load my parts in the car when they suggested it. I think I can expect them to "babysit" my parts when THEY came up with the idea. If I had just left them there, then fine, but this whole thing was their idea. Also, forgetting to put my STB back on is inexcusable. I may be screwed for the other parts but I will get my STB back if I have to go up there and take it back.

i have a similar opinion of performance shops. a lot of them in my area are very arrogant and get annoyed when someone shows up and starts asking tougher questions. a lot of the shops here are just into drag racing. if you ask any road racing questions they stare at you like you are speaking a foreign language. once had a shop tell me to not bother upgrading my brakes cause "they stop fine at the end of a run."

a lot of "new" parts are just cleaned up old ones. i would love to open up my shop, but i would be more regular maintainence oriented, but able to do performance stuff.

sometimes people at teh shops just get a little lazy, maybe its cause its summer, dunno. i can see customers at my work might think that because i kinda stroll around when im not working, or have my head in my toolbox reorganising.