Motor Mounts for a 67 vert

BDT 1967

Jan 31, 2006
Wichita KS
I have been trying to get some engine mounts for my car for ever. I ordered a set from NPD, Year One, and Dallas Mustang. None of them fit, for some reason 67 verts used different engine mounts than the 67 fast backs and coupes. None of them fit right. I ended up putting back in the old ones out of frustration, they worked for a while but just recently i broke one loading my car onto the trailer. Now i am stuck, I need to know where i can get a set that will actualy work. Summit sells some polly ones part number PTP-6-503 I don't know if they will work or not. I have also read about adjustable ones. Any ideas?????

• Sponsors (?)

Not just verts you can have this problems on any 67. 67 was a transitional year and there are several 67 only parts. IIRC edbert used some from energy sub on his vert. You can do a search to make sure of the brand but it fixed the problem. When I replace mine, I intend to use the adjustable ones for this and a couple of other reasons.

i know my coupe ones take two people to get them on, but they work...

the way i fixed mine was I drilled a hole through the middle, stuck a 3/4" bolt through each and tightened the bolt down, this squeezed the rubber inbetween a little and allowed for a MUCH better fit and they wont rip...before I did that it took 2 hours to change one, after I did that, it took 10 minutes to do both...

I knew that 67 verts were different, but what is it exactly that makes them different? Oh yeah, nobody makes them, sorry. I got my 67 coupes mounts from Autozone for under $20/pair and had no trouble.