mr. clean

• Sponsors (?)

I have used it a few times and I have black paint, no complaints from me. Water spots sucks, especially on black. I don't ever get any with the Mr. Clean stuff...

I am not sure what you mean by stripping the wax? Are you talking about the soap that comes with it? Surely you don't mean the filtered water strips the wax. The filter pulls out all of the crap in the water that causes water spots. I am not too sure I would call that "stripping" the wax off. :shrug:

Tim

I will also say the Mr. Clean stuff sucks! In my opinon. Not impressed at all.
I bought it because my friend swore up and down that it was the S**t. I used it 2 times and now it sits in my closet. :notnice:

I just switched back to the old fashion way with a good mit and Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash, Shampoo and Conditioner. I have tried other stuff off the shelf and this is the one I have been most impressed with.

Just my $.02

BlueRuckus said:
I will also say the Mr. Clean stuff sucks! In my opinon. Not impressed at all.
I bought it because my friend swore up and down that it was the S**t. I used it 2 times and now it sits in my closet. :notnice:

I just switched back to the old fashion way with a good mit and Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash, Shampoo and Conditioner. I have tried other stuff off the shelf and this is the one I have been most impressed with.

Just my $.02

What didn't you like about it?

Tim

This happend both times I used it. I followed all the intructions on the box and read them twice as I do not like to take chances with my paint.

The soap appears to run out too quickly. If you try and be scimpy with the soap, you don't get the spotless action or quick dry. If you use a little extra, you go throught the bottle to quickly, and it's not cheap for the refills.
The water filter last all of about 3, maybe 4 car washes. Again, not cheap when you need to get them so often.

After a couple days, I am not impressed with the way the paint looks compared to others car washes that I have tried. Like I said, earlier, I couldn't be happier with the Meguiar's car wash. The color looks more briliant. The car looks shinier. (spelling :shrug: )

In Mr. Clean's defense, I will say that in the areas of the car that it DID work, there were no spots and the water dried by itself rather quickly. Just not thrilled with the overall experience.

The only step that you are really cutting out is the drying part, cause you still have to use a mit to put on the soap. For the drying, I use the "The Absorber" drying skin. Doesn't leave water spots either.

:cheers: