Mudguards for 01 GT?

pash_gt

Jun 11, 2004
I've been searching for days and I can't seem to find any websites where I can buy mudguards/splashguards for my 2001 GT.. I've found a bunch of sites for this year but they all say "Not for GT" .. I went over a speed bump a week ago and it ripped off my mudguard on one side.. anyone know where I can buy a replacement either OEM or aftermarket? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

you are only allowed to have mudguards on a stang if you're using it for offroading purposes...

does yours look something like this....?

FordMustangFastback.jpg

Hmmm... back to the original question.

I'm not sure why the Mudguards would say "Not for GT". The rear bumpers on the V6 and GT (and 99-01 Cobras) are the same where you would mount the mud guards. The only difference is the exhaust cutouts (not on the V6) and the COBRA embossing (instead of MUSTANG) on the 01 Cobra bumper.

My thinking is that they should work.

To the thread starter: Where are you from? Not to make fun of you but it might explain more. I could see someone in the north having these. I bought my teenage daughter a (used but mint) pony for her graduation and the first thing she did was take the mudflaps (with "raised" mustang ponys on them) off.

I left them behind when I moved.