Mustang II cross member kits

yorobbed

Aug 7, 2006
Full Tilt Street Rods: Customer service is not a priority.

On June 4th 2006 I purchased a Mustang II cross member kit from Full Tilt Street Rods. The installation instructions left a bit to be desired and required a lot of guess work and phone calls to complete the job. They promised me to send me some pictures of a completed installation that I never received. No illustration or part description of any kind was provided. Many of the parts didn’t fit properly requiring a great deal of extra fabrication or the shipment of replacement parts. In one case taking 14 days to receive new parts and those parts where still incorrect requiring modifications. On many occasions the owner seemed not to care about the quality problems I was experiencing, or didn’t return my calls at all. I still have not received all of parts promised.

Examples of parts problems:
Upper control arms didn’t fit on shock towers and properly keyed for bolts
Shock towers didn’t fit around frame correctly
Parts not identified as right or left
Ball joints boots didn’t fit
Rack and pinion spacers where to big
Disk brake brackets don’t fit right causing the brake pads to hang off ¼ inch. There response was “it won’t hurt anything and it’ll be fine”.

With time, effort and countless weeks of delay most of these issue where resolved.

There are many other companies that sell these cross member kits and I would strongly recommend using one of these when buying yours.
:notnice:

• Sponsors (?)