Mustang + suspension parts......

red302

Founding Member
Nov 21, 1998
Peru, IL
Hey guys, I just picked up a '67 coupe project. I have a Mustang + catalouge that has what looks to be some pretty complete suspension kits under the Grab-A-Trac name. Since I'm planning on replacing all of the parts anyway, I figured the whole kit is the way to go, but I've never seen any of their parts and was wondering about the quality. I'm not particularly worried about the parts being exact like NOS parts since I'm building a restomod, not an original restored car, but It will be a performance / show car and the strength and quality of the parts is important. Has anyone used the Grab-A-Trac parts, and are they nice stuff????? Any other advice on brands, or where to get good interior/exterior/suspension parts for my '67 would be much appreciated! thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I have thier lower arms 620 springs, tie rod ends and idler arm. No problems on the install... everything worked. I have yet to drive it, but I will let you know someday. The price was right and quality of those parts seemed to be good.

Satisfied customer

I did both the front and rear with the Grab-a-Trak kits and I've been very pleased. Make sure to get the swaybars (1" in front, 3/4" in back). I also upgraded to all poly bushings.

It was like a whole new car!

You may also want to do the steering system as well while you are at it. I did suspension and steering at the same time - needless to say, it was a drastic improvement!

Good Luck

Thanks for the help guys. I guess I'll go with the Mustangs Plus parts then. Since I'm going all the way with this restomod project, I'll most likely go with the kit that includes all suspension and steering parts, including front & rear springs, sway bars, and KYB shocks. Also since Shelby style under rider traction bars are going on the car, what type of sub frame connectors will work with them, and have no clearance problems?

Yup! I bought their Street Heat package and it works great. Way to go Mustangs Plus. I eventually cut my 620 springs to lower the stang on my stang. Then I later wanted it to sit just a little highter so I would hit anything on longer drives so I then oreder their 1" spring insulators. They too were a great quality.
Good luck and make sure to decide how you want your stang to sit before you order so you know which leafs to get, Standard eye, Mid eye, Reverse Eye. I went with the reverse eye.

Ok here's a picture of a Standard Eye (look at the ends where they mount)
stleaflg.jpg

And here is a picture of a Mid Eye Spring
mdleaflg.jpg

And Finally here is the Reverse Eye
rvleaflg.jpg

Basically the Mid eye springs will lower your car 1 inch, and the reverse eye springs will lower it 1.5" inches. Talk to Mustangs Plus or check out their catalog for more info.

Thanks to Mustangs Plus for the spring pictures!