Mustang V6 Exhaust

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech' started by MustangBoy19, May 5, 2011.

1. MustangBoy19

MustangBoy19 New Member

I have the 2010 Mustang V6 Premium, and I was wondering what y-pipe exhaust kits you guys would recomend for that grumble kind of sound.
  2. PDRob77

PDRob77 New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Well r u doing a single or dual exhaust? If ur doing single then ur looking axle back, id say Flowmaster American Thunder if ur strapped for cash or Magnaflow/Borla if u have more $$$. If ur looking to do a dual exhaust conversion u have two options, u can stick with the y-pipe and get a Magnaflow catback system for ~$600 or u can go true dual conversion and swap the y-pipe for an x-pipe, then u can put any GT catback system on the car.
  3. lint

lint New Member

whats the benefit/difference between going with x pipe over staying y? (performance? sound?)
  4. ron01864

ron01864 New Member

I have the 2010 v6 premium as well. i just put on Magnaflow catback 16575 dual, 4" tips. Cut the bumper fascia to accomodate the dual. Looks and sounds great. paid 800 parts and labor. the magnaflow 16575 can be had for about 550 - 600 if u look around.
  5. djdizzydave

djdizzydave Active Member

if you are going dual exhaust on a v6 get rid of the Y pipe! make it a true dual setup. i've had two v6's and went with dual straight pipes, no "h" or "x" pipes needed. something about them having a different firing rate than the v8's so back pressure is not an issue. not sure on the best sounding for a 2010 though.. my '04 has the supper 44s and they have a really good sound, deep and not raspy.
  6. knuckles

knuckles New Member

i went with magniflow mufflers and 3.5" tips 9"s long. custom bent tubing on the left side with an H pipe. cost me 417 out the door. i can put a sound clip on here tomorrow if you want.
  7. jrstirling

jrstirling New Member

I have a 2010 V6 Mustang Premium too, and I got the Bassani AFT CAT system installed 2 years ago. LOVE it! Sounds great, gave me extra pickup and they have great customer service. No, I am not a spokesperson...just a satisfied customer. www.bassani.com
  8. DJstang06

DJstang06 New Member

I got a 06 v6 pony package. I just took the muffler off. Still not loud enough for me. Guess only way for it to be louder is go duals
  9. Choppertwo

Choppertwo Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
  10. Choppertwo

Choppertwo Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I have a 2014 base, and put a Magnaflo Street series on, duels, of course and it sounds really good, a bit droney up to about 3k, but otherwise, I'm happy with the sound--- CHOP
  11. Choppertwo

Choppertwo Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Had the catback on for about 6 months now and it just gets sounding better--- CHOP