Mustangs on TV

stanmckinney

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
I was watching TV Sunday night and Mustangs were either mentioned or shown on two programs -- the Sopranos and Crossing Jordan.
On the Sopranos, Tony is in a coma and his son was talking with him about the new Shelby, how it will have 450 horsepower, etc. Then he says he knows a guy at college who has one. I'd like to know how he managed that since they aren't out yet.
On Crossing Jordan, the character "Bug" purchased a new red convertible GT. A body falls on it and totals it. Before that he is bragging about how it has 271 horsepower (I believe that's what the 289 hi pos in the mid-sixties had) and came with satellite radio. We all know the car has 300 horsepower and factory satellite radio is not available.
It's good to see Mustangs featured on TV, but can't they get some basic facts straight?

• Sponsors (?)

they must have been planning for future of re-runs! dont want to sound out of date, even with poor information about the cars they use. we cant all be "gearheads". they probably googled it and saw someones dyno sheet and assumed that the information they read on the internet is 100% true.

i mean after all, my car has 800 hp to the tires with no power adder :rolleyes:

I found it on a couple of different sites. It was listed under build information for 2007 mustangs. Check the mustangsource.com It also lists new color combinations including seat inserts in colors other than red.

I kind of thought it was. But then I thought if that was the case they would have already found it. I checked it. It's right on the home page where anyone should be able to find it. The plug is actually called an auxillary input plug.