Mustangs Unlimited got me....

65fastbackresto

Apr 13, 2007
AR
Glad it was a small order, will be my last.

Facts are, I called and ordered some shock braces, salesman never asked me what size rear end I had....

They get here and wont fit, not even close, wrong parts.

I contact Mustangs Unlimited, they tell me I`m responsible for shipping costs.

I replied " So I`m responsible for shipping cost BOTH ways when you send me the wrong part?"

His reply was yes....

• Sponsors (?)

Summit got me too!

I order a Performance Automatic Big Block C6 from about 18 months
ago. I had it delivered to my engine builder since I was going to be
in Iraq. When it was delivered I had them make sure it wasn't
damaged and everything was ok. Well my guy opened the box last week
and it was a small block C6. I called Summit they said they'd swap it
with the right one, but I had to pay shipping both ways about $200.
They also said I could call PA and see what they could do since I
work about 30 minutes. I called PA and they said drop it off and
they'd swap it for nothing. I dropped it off today and I got a call
a couple hours later that they want $600 for the swap. So now I have
to go back and pick it up. I called Summit to tell them I'm just
going to send it back and order me the right one and then the new
customer service guy also told me I have to pay a $200 restocking fee
+ the $200 shipping, plus wait 6-8 weeks for the trans to come. Do
you believe this? I've bought about $10,000 worth of stuff from
Summit in the last year.

2BAV8

Some of us on this tech forum use it as an informational tool on not only how to do things, but how to aquire them too. If my post has offended you in any way, keep in mind you yourself recommended Opentracker to me, who is a very good vendor, in the very same forum.

The reason I posted this topic in this forum is because the people seeking the knowledge on how to fix their own cars are also buying their own parts, and need to know the vendors that are going to be good to them, as well as the vendors that are going to treat them bad.

Some of us on this tech forum use it as an informational tool on not only how to do things, but how to aquire them too. If my post has offended you in any way, keep in mind you yourself recommended Opentracker to me, who is a very good vendor, in the very same forum.

The reason I posted this topic in this forum is because the people seeking the knowledge on how to fix their own cars are also buying their own parts, and need to know the vendors that are going to be good to them, as well as the vendors that are going to treat them bad.

I completely agree

Stangnet RULES!!

Had a little talk with a guy at Mustangs Unlimited while ago. He wasn`t going to help me with this parts thing until I told him I was a member of several mustang chat sites on the net, and was going to be glad to tell my buddys what had happened....

He changed his tune instantly, and is actually sending a UPS truck here to pick up his parts.

Glad it was a small order, will be my last.

Facts are, I called and ordered some shock braces, salesman never asked me what size rear end I had....

They get here and wont fit, not even close, wrong parts.

I contact Mustangs Unlimited, they tell me I`m responsible for shipping costs.

I replied " So I`m responsible for shipping cost BOTH ways when you send me the wrong part?"

His reply was yes....

doesn't matter, all 65-66 mustangs use the same rear shock mounts whether it's an 8" or 9" rear. if it is not the stock rearend that is your problem not theirs. sorry but that's the truth. don't be bashing them because you don't know what you have.

Rearend

I`ve only had the car for like a month, and I`m not a car guy. But, its an 8 inch rear, 52 1/4 wide, other then that information how would I know if it was stock?

I posted another thread asking if the shock mount should be to the front of the rear end, or the back, do yall know? My shocks attach at the front of the rear end.

If all mustangs...

OHHHH, I just figured it out, they sent me 2 mounts for the drivers side. None for the passenger side.

Sorry guys for the trouble, I`ll get ahold of Mustangs Unlimited tommorow and straighten this out.

I did the passenger side leaf spring first, thats what caused this whole issue.

Well Its just not him I talked to a tech about ordering new rear bumper that came as a kit and the rear bumper guards that came with it, I told him that I want everything to be chrome but they sent me paintable guards and when I called them they told me that I have to pay $20 for them to ship the new guards and I have to pay $20 to ship it back to them. the guards cost less the 40 bucks.:shrug: there is no point of even trying to send it back for chrome if its going to cost me triple the amout.

I've ordered from them several times. The first few times they were great and I was very pleased. Then, the last few times I've tried to order online, they've completely lost my order and I've had to reorder over the phone. I'm starting to loose confidence in them.

-Chelle

ive bought a few parts from mu over the years, but an incident at the mustang club roundup last fall left a real bad taste in my mouth for them... i ordered a rear bumper, and front valance, to be delivered to birmingham. when i arrived at the show, mu's trailer was there, but noone was around. finally, i caught them at the trailer on saturday, and told them i needed to pick up some parts they had brought. i got a funny look from the fellow, and was told that someone had failed to get the proper permits, and that they couldnt sell any parts for the entire weekend. after telling them that they had about 450.00 worth of parts that belonged to me, and that i would never do business with them again, i got my parts. i have since made cj's ponyparts my supplier, and have had nothing but good experiences with them.if you are in the east, i would check them out. they also have a buyers club, called the herd, for 35.00 a year, you get 5% off all orders, 10% if it is picked up at one of the shows the attend (and they do ALOT) plus you pay no tax or shipping on pickup orders. i saved about 100.00 on my hood, and weatherstripping i picked up at charlotte autofair last month.

They actually worked it out for me.

I didn`t have to pay shipping either way for the new part or the one I sent back, but that was only after threatening them with some bad publicity if they didnt work with me.

Mustang Depot I had a similar experience with them, and they were cool about it. They even Federal Expressed me the parts I needed at their own expense and even gave me 2 free t-shirts for my trouble. FYI, their shirts are COOL.

Everyone makes mistakes, but when MU`s mistake was gonna cost ME money....I didn`t take it well.

Its not like the old days guys, when a big company could do a customer wrong and have no repurcusions other then losing one customer. Message boards like these can help or hurt a companys rep. The people that love mustangs are a tight group, we all help each other any way we can. This message board has saved me alot of money already, and sent me to some people that really know their stuff.

I want to thank Stangnet and its members for all their help, and once I become a little more knowledgeable in this hobby, maybe I can help you guys out too.