Thought I'd share my "In the nick of time" 3G install pics. I never really heard about the potential "plug fire hazard" until this past year. Was out of the fox seen for a while and my car had to sit for financial reasons. However, I just always thought the upgrade was for the ones who were boosting the low alternator amps, load etc, .............WRONG!!!! So I was able to snag a good used PA performance 3G and I did the swap. Got a few good pics of the plugs before and after. Hope this encourages anyone who hasn't done the upgrade "Go check your plug!!" Pictures speak a 1000 words so here are the ones I took. Notice how melted the power plug was on the "2 black/orange tracer with white/black tracer" plug. It was a ......Time Bomb!!!!! Thnx to @jrichker for helping me understand the wiring install *recommend using a "split uneven washer and/or red lock tight" on the positive stud on the alternator. Have read stories of that nut backing off after heated up and causing the power wire to come loose and spark things up!!! **If anyone is thinking of cutting the yellow wire on the original "D" plug and looping it around to the positive stud on the back of the alternator(like the PA plug you can buy) There is no need for that, you're actually hurting the accuracy of the computer from measuring the voltage drop across the 4awg power wire near the starter solenoid. Just so you know. So leave the original "D" plug alone, NO CHANGES to that plug at all!!! ***Side note had a BRAND NEW MSD distributor in and when I did the swap, the 3G made it completely freak out and I started to get a skipping in my RPM's around 2500-3500. Did it more with the lights and AC on. But still did it under normal load or neutral rev up. Swapped out the distributor with a stock one and EVERYTHING cleared up (Noobz: please put this in the Fox Tech side, it turned into more than just showing my "In the nick of time save!!) this is the 2G alternator set up. 2G removed and I used the side of a drill bit to to shave the bracket edge, didn't have a dremel and this was going to get done right NOW!!!! Time Bomb power plug melting away!!! I bought a spare "original plug" for (whatever reason) and put it in my trunk and I chose to just cut the stator wire completely. No reason I would EVER use that plug again anyways. So I super crimped it and triple checked that connection. Then I used "GOOD sticky" electrical tape on the crimp with starting completely off the crimp and on the wire and lapping them over on both sides so pressure would always be going inward so it would not move. -----> <----- Then just ran an overlapped piece to secure both together. Taped up the "STILL LIVE power plug nice and good" Added the female stator connector. Connections installed. You can barely see the 4awg power wire I ran to the positive side of the starter solenoid with a 150amp mega fuse close to the starter solenoid side and not close to the alternator. Connections installed. Checked the line up of pulleys. This Pa 3G alternator was already tapped for a bolt.