my 4x4

katie98v65spd

Mar 8, 2004
Denver, CO
this is my first post so be nice....
so i have a mustang and i am getting pretty tired of the 4x4 stance of it. i am not new to the car scene (my b/f is actually a member here, mustang50v8) and my car is in need of new shocks and struts, and as he tells me, when its time to repair something its a good time to do upgrades. so i am wondering what a good kit is to lower my car a little 1" - 1.5" at the most, just to make it look better, i have heard ebiach is pretty good, but im open to suggestions. also where should i buy this stuff?

thanks guys!!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey what's up? Depends on how much money you have to spend. If you want to upgrade to better springs, Ebiach is probably one of the best. They cost about $200 or so. I think the best place to buy from is go to Yahoo Shopping and type in Ebiach mustang sport springs in the search box. It will bring different companies that sell the same products with a wide range in prices. That's where I look to find the cheapest price. As long as the company has a good customer rating I would trust them.

Another thing to think about is what I'm currently looking at. There is an offical ford store I found on the net at www.stangstore.com. They sell a suspension kit that is the same kit used on the 2001 Bullit mustang that Includes Tokio shocks, struts, springs and front and rear sway bars. The kit only cost $340 which I think is a great price for what your getting. It is also a good start for your suspension set up for accessories such as caster/camber plates. They will help you fix your alignment with the new lowered stance of your car. There is a lot more to do but it is a good start.

Also if you decide you don't like those Ideas, Steeda is an excellent company with very good customer support. Hope I didn't bore you to death, good luck
Ron

well i was telling her something that i heard, that the springs used on the gt's and cobras were different cause they had to make up for the extra weight of the v8, am i wrong or no? and was that 200 for a spring set or 200 per spring?

First off, the GT springs are the same as the V6. They may be a little different of the spring rate but not by much.

I also aggree to upgrade if you have to buy them anyway. The bullitts or Mach shocks/struts are great for the V6. You can get them for 170 for the set that includes shocks/struts from www.fordpartsnetwork.com

I am running Steeda Springs and love them. They gave me right over 1" all around!

The eibachs are good, but they tend to sag after a while. Also they are a drastric drop and you may scrape over everything.

Welcome to the board and don't be mad if you start getting any leg humper questions?

If I can be of any assistance let me know.

LsRed--Moderator V6, SE Forums

shoot threw my torso?!?!?!?! ouch.

cant you just use a jack to preload the springs and them lower the LCA slowly after you unbolt the strut? let the LCA down all the way and the spring energy should be released correct? or at least most of it. not enough to shoot out but maybe just "pop" out?

In my case, I went to lower the LCA in the rear, I had the car jacked up pretty high, and as the LCA came down, the spring seamed to keep a crap load of tension in it. I then jacked the car up even higher, and lowered the LCA even more. By the time I decided this wasn't going to work out for me, my brake rotor was almost touching the ground, the spring was still in its seat not wanting to come out, and the whole situation looked pretty awkward, so I bailed on the idea of doing this on my own.

Just letting you know that it can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

MarvinMyCat said:
Are they free "free," or does "rent" imply leave a deposit. I forgot about their tool loan program.

Yes, just like the rear caliper compression tool that I have sitting in the garage, I rented it for $35 dollars, refundable when i return the tool.

So in essence, you spend the money and get it refunded when you bring the tool back.

the best thing for you to do is order some fms c springs from www.gefracing.com they call them c springs due to they have a C in their part number they are stiffer rate for better handeling and lower the car 1.1-1.2 inches front and .4 back if you dont cut the dead coil, the rears are made to be cut up to one full coil so you can adjust the height very easy, and it only takes a couple min to cut the coil off so its not a hard thing to do. I have had the above springs for a year now adn they are great, ride is good, handeling is good, drop is good i left off my top front isolator and cut 3/4 coil on the rear and i am now 1.3 lower front and 1.0 lower back than stock if you want to go measure to see, get on a flat surface and measure from the ground up to the top under side of the fender, stock will be 28.25 inches i am now at 27.0 in the front and 27.25 rear. as far as shocks and struts the mach one tokicos are a very good deal 180-200 shipped for all so definatly check that out, go to www.v6power.net adn ask in the suspention section for a link to where to get them cuz i dotn remember. I am saving up for bilstiens (definatly the best out there in shocks and struts) but they are 540 ~ a set :(

I used Steeda Sport Springs (some argue they're the same as ford c springs, no one really knows) And bullitt shocks and struts on mine. Pretty good setup, gave a decent stance and didn't compromise ride quality too much. Also no alignment issues, any lower and I'd need caster/camber plates.

Installation was a snap, there's a pretty good article in the tech section of mustangworld. Took me probably two-three hours to do the install on mine.

Springs

CarlsV6 said:
I used Steeda Sport Springs (some argue they're the same as ford c springs, no one really knows) And bullitt shocks and struts on mine. Pretty good setup, gave a decent stance and didn't compromise ride quality too much. Also no alignment issues, any lower and I'd need caster/camber plates.

Installation was a snap, there's a pretty good article in the tech section of mustangworld. Took me probably two-three hours to do the install on mine.
Steeda Sport Springs are also a great choice when lowering
your stang :nice: