my new car

Mattsmustang

Mar 4, 2003
Kansas
ok guys, i know its a little odd but it is a 2.3 liter.........volvo.......
it will be shipped and be here in kansas by the end of the week so i'll be able to drive it for the first time. what do you think about it as a replacment for the mustang? and what do think it could use other then wax and polish and a tune up? need opinions. and comments about how good volvos are.
thanks you guys (and girls)

matthew
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2449907325&category=6459

• Sponsors (?)

Drop a PM to Michael Yount here on SN (that's his screenname as well, full caps, two words). He has an '82 (I think) Volvo 240 (?) with a 5.0 in it, and seems pretty knowledgeable on tech stuff.

Ash

The only thing I remember about Volvo's is that they are built like tanks. I still remember the commercial on TV where Volvo ran one off a 3 or 4 story platform and it plummeted to the ground and hit nose first. Didnt even break the windshiled. Still wasnt driveable.

I also had a friend who had a couple Volvo's. His wife and kid got hit in his Volvo by a drunk. She drove the Volvo home but drunks car was totalled.

Put a 2.3Lturbo or a 302 nd it should be a fun family car.

Anlushac11 said:
The only thing I remember about Volvo's is that they are built like tanks. I still remember the commercial on TV where Volvo ran one off a 3 or 4 story platform and it plummeted to the ground and hit nose first. Didnt even break the windshiled. Still wasnt driveable.

I also had a friend who had a couple Volvo's. His wife and kid got hit in his Volvo by a drunk. She drove the Volvo home but drunks car was totalled.

Put a 2.3Lturbo or a 302 nd it should be a fun family car.

It has a sveedish turbo 2.3

yeah, its a 2.3 turbo (sveedish) and it has about 175 horsepower stock and 195 torque which is better than my 95 horspower mustang n/a. I heard that they handle alright for being tanks to drive any truth to that? but luckily i'll will actually be able to fit my cello in this car......unlike in the mustang... :bang:
i was wonder if it would be possible to change out the turbo wheel and make it have a little higher boost since from the factory they run at 6.5 psi? and suggestions

matthew