Need Advice On Lowering Springs

what9612

Apr 11, 2005
Warren, MI
I have a 00 GT Coupe, and I have read through all the posts about springs and everyone has different opinions. I'm having a hard time choosing. I ordered some H&R SS but they back ordered 6 weeks. Should i just wait for those? I want people to notice that its been lowered, but do not want to scrape. Not really worried bout ride quality but the only concern is the scraping. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I'm pretty sure the H&R's are a 2 inch drop which is pretty significant.

http://customerpics.americanmuscle.com/viewimages.php?sku=47012&start=18

I hope that link works but it should show you alot of pictures. It's pretty low but if you're careful, you should be able to manage.

If you're not looking for that much of a drop, I'd consider like the Steeda Sport springs. It's like an inch of a drop which is enough to really eliminate the huge wheel gap.

I installed a pair of eibach springs (the pro kit) which is not the lowest spring they have, (the lowest is called sportlines fyi) on a 03gt and i think it looks good. It wasnt on the ground, but you could tell it was lowered.

PLus i think you will have an easier time finding them over the H&R's. You can always check Craigslist, or even here on stangnet in classifiieds for a set of used one, if your trying to save some money.... hope this helps ya out man.. :nice: