need advice where to store motor for upcoming project

PeteyAce

Jul 2, 2004
im moving yet again, and the new place as got a driveway with a little walk leading into a cement back yard. now for the question, still plan on yanking my motor come end of winter semes. only idea i can think of is to get a build it your self shed from home depot in the backyard and shove the engine in there. but what would be the best bet a plastic, wood or metal shed? is it okay to have an disassembled engine apart in the shed, i mean is it gunna rsut wear i dont want it?

• Sponsors (?)

I vote to shelter it, wd40/motor oil it and not wrap it in plastic, but wrap it in some towels/sheets something fabric that will let it breathe. if you wrap it in plastic and there is moisture in the block or some happens to get in there, it won't get out with plastic wrap. Don't know how water gets in and not out, but that has been my experience.

nah noway i can get it into the house, me and a friend decided to just build one, but im still tossing up the idea of a vinyl shed since its easier to assemble i can take with me when if i move again and its the cheapest.idk i still have to measure out the backyard and everything

Shortblocks aren't heavy, I actually used a spare bedroom to build a engine for a friend. Just carry the shortblock in already attached to one part of the engine stand, and have a friend bring the rest of the stand in behind ya. Once it was build, we rolled it to the porch and used a cherry picker to lower it into a truck bed. Only done this because working in a garage with no garage door in December is a pain!