Need Help Please

slow88stang

Jun 20, 2003
St Albert AB
I got a new clutch quadrant and it came with the shaft that the clutch pedal bolts to. It seems that the only way I can change my quadrant is to change the whole shaft. So on that note, what is invloved in taking that whole clutch shaft out? Do I need to move the steering and brake stuff thats in there. Right now there just isnt enought room to pull it out.

• Sponsors (?)

Yep, it sucks the first couple of times, the whole dang quadrant has to come out. Remove or drop the steering wheel and column, all the brake connections under the dash and the triangle brace to the drivers side. Remove four nuts that hold the brake booster and quadrant to the firewall and the nut at the top of the quadrant. The pedals and quadrant will wiggle out eventually.

There are probally a few other little things, but that's the biggest part. Expect grief, it doesn't come apart very easy and you can almost see what you are doing by standing on your head.

Jamie

Oh yea, figured it would be something crazy like that. Of course the guys at Ford said they would gladly do it. I guess a job like that would cost alot for labour...I guess i wont be at school tomorrow. I'll be having another fun fun day trying to fix this stupid quadrant :notnice: :bang: