Need help replacing clutch on my 2000

beary58

Jan 20, 2003
Hi All

Sounds like I need to replace my clutch and throw-out bearing. I've search for instructions but can't find any. Can anyone give me a link that would guide me to replacing the clutch on a 2000 Mustang? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2000 White Vert

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I just did a google search on it and didn't come up with anything. However, I know that the Haynes manual has instructions on it. They have them at Autozone and cost around 15 to 20 bones. If you do a lot of work on your car yourself as I do, it's definately worth having one around!

TheCrazy1 said:
Well, I just did a google search on it and didn't come up with anything. However, I know that the Haynes manual has instructions on it. They have them at Autozone and cost around 15 to 20 bones. If you do a lot of work on your car yourself as I do, it's definately worth having one around!

Thanks Crazy. I did find some instructions, after a long search, on the 3.8 Mustang forum. Here is the link:

http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57808&highlight=replacing+clutch

Yes, I am pretty handy with tools and I've replaced a few clutches in other cars and trucks. And I will get a manual like you suggested, but what I like about experiences from forum members are the comments that the manuals don't have. Like the exaust bolts being very hard to take off and adding suggestions of how they did it. Or, if your fuel pump doesn't seem to be working, hit the gas tank a couple times and they may get it working again. Yes, that just happened on our Suburban and saved me the cost of a tow truck.

Thanks again for taking the time to help. :)

2000 White Vert