Need help with Door panel

Marengo

Aug 16, 2006
Hi I just picked up a 98 V6 vert. Actually it is kind of a pre-wedding gift from my uncle. Everything is fine with the car except that the passenger side window doesnt work. He said that it might have been derailed or something. I want to pull the door panel off to check whats going on inside. Does anyone have a guide on how to remove the panel?

TIA

• Sponsors (?)

its only held on by a couple of screws. different instructions if you have a mach sound system or not. there are 2 screws (i think its 2) where the speaker is/would go. use a flathead screwdriver to pop off the section by the door handle, but the handle stays on. underneath that there are 2 or 3 more screws. after removing them just lift up, it should come off with little effort.

Inside the the front door jamb there is a push-pin to pull out, that's first(look at the lower speaker grill and move into the crak of the door). Then remove the plate over the door handle(with the window and lock switches), be careful cause it breaks easily. Once it's off, unscrew the switch panels from the cover plate. Then you should see two screws under where the cover plate was, take those out. Next you have to push up on tabs through the bottom of the door panel, then the top should just come out next to the window.