Need help with Vortech S-trim.

fastimes69

Founding Member
Jun 27, 2001
San Benito, Texas
So we installed an S trim on my buddies 94 Cobra. The car cruises and idles fine but when you floor it, it does not pull. It feels like its holding back. We put on a boost gauge and it shows between 7-9 lbs under load. Has anyone ever had this problem before. Any troubleshooting tips. Does anyone have any links or diagrams to the fuel pump installation(we lost the ones from the kit). Please help!!

• Sponsors (?)

The car revs fine and idles fine, it's got a 255 in tank plus the t rex (installed correctly), the plugs are gapped at 35 (one range colder). There is no pinging whatsoever. Under normal acceleration it drives fine, but when you floor it, it feelslike the boost is not kicking in,the belt is on decently tight so no slippage there.It just feels like its running on motor alone. Would the vacuums to the FMU or BTM have anything to do with it? I have those connected just like the instructions show. I can't think of anything else to do or try to fix this problem.Its already been to a dyno for a tune and the dumbasses could not figure it out either.... :shrug:

94GTLaserRC said:
It could be a few things, but Ill mention what has not been yet....Checking for vacuum leaks. One time My car felt sluggish, and I finally found that the big A$$ rubber boot was slightly lifted off the Vortech, creating a leak. CHeck all the connections

RC
Well the vacuums are ok, which rubber boot are you referring to??The one that goes into the firewall to the air meter or to the head unit?

I went back and rechecked everything and the only thing I found was the shop that dyno'd the car turned the bypass valve around for some reason :shrug: (the vacuum outlet should be facing down, it was pointing towards the firewall). Don't know if that makes a difference. We drove the car and it feels like it starts pulling after 4000 rpm's, is this normal or are we expecting too much. I told my friend to order a smaller pulley to get more boost from it.I guess I'm used to my car compared to the Cobra. My car on motor alone feels like it has alot more torque than the Cobra with the blower!!!Thanks for the help guys...