need ideas?

79'293stang

Jan 5, 2003
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
ok, well im gonna have 15 grand to spend in the near future and was wondering about some good ideas, i dont want to spend all 15 gs but heres what i got allready, i got a 79 notch ex turbo 4, body and suspension are all stock other then 4.10s in the crappy 7.5 and rims which will be replaced anyhow, i have a 460 block sitting next to it with intentions of either a monster 514 with a blower or maybe n/a cant figure out what i want yet, but ive also been throwing around putting in a efi 347 with some boost or a mod motor, need some ideas of what would be original and fast with this car eventually i want to have one of the nicest 79s around...oh btw i plan on painting it dsg with black stripes...ive had this car for like 5 years and its been through varous stages of how i wanted it at certain times and i want this to be the final time i tear it apart....shooting for streetable 10's if possible if not i could live with 11s

• Sponsors (?)

personally i would do a turbo'd 331 or 347 efi with some sort of engine management that way it will still be pleasent on the street. nice suspension setup, tranny, and a new rear end. add that onto the paint job and it would be a sick car :nice: