Need New Speakers,please help!

• Sponsors (?)

What I have is in my sig.

What I recommend really depends on what you are looking to get out of a system and how much to spend on it.

I really don't like either of the brand that you listed above, If that is your price range then you should look at Alpine's Type S line. Rockford and Sony also make okay speakers in this price range.

At this level of sound quality an amp for your speakers isn't going to do all that much for you. If you are going to get some subs then you do need one and given what you are talking about spending here I would suggest a Rockford amp...just make sure that it has about 10% more power RMS than your subs run RMS.

he's talking about pioneers...I don't think kappas are in his target range, but if we're talking about the clearest and best here's my order:

Alpine TypeX F#1status - Absolute best, no compromise speakers made...for only $3,500
MBQuart Reference Series - Very good speakers for all applications, incredible clarity
Focal Utopia - Equal in quality with MBQuart without the history/reputation...can be more expensive

I usually make my own component systems using drivers from SEAS, Vifa, and Morel. You can EASILY match those Alpines or even Rainbow Reference for 10% of the price if you know how to build a crossover (hint- it isn't the easiest thing to learn from a tech standpoint, but physically building them is a joke)

Infinity02Zinc said:
I usually make my own component systems using drivers from SEAS, Vifa, and Morel. You can EASILY match those Alpines or even Rainbow Reference for 10% of the price if you know how to build a crossover (hint- it isn't the easiest thing to learn from a tech standpoint, but physically building them is a joke)

I would love to hear a component system that can match the Alpine F#1 Status components that costs only $350....seriously, because I'd be selling them to every ******* that walked in off the street. If you can make this work let me know and I'll make you A LOT of money. :nice:

I just have a hard time believing that because Alpine has some of the smartest/most talented electrical engineers in the industry doing the R&D on their F#1 Status line to ensure that they will outperform ANYTHING on the market...and if you've ever heard them you'll know that they do :hail2:

As for building your own cross-overs you're right...any idiot with a soldering iron can make one, but to suggest that you can engineer one that is even in the same ball park as what those HUGE-budget companys' R&D departments can make is a pretty bold statement. Do you have a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or something?