New 07 Vista GT here !!

YardSpecial

Mar 20, 2003
MT
We FINALLY found one on the lot with all the goodies we wanted. The car only had 7.4 mile on it !!

Here is the options:

235/50/ZR18 TIRE
INTERIOR UPGRADE PACKAGE
CHARCOAL ALUMINUM PANEL
ACTIVE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM
SIRIUS SAT RADIO W/6 MOS SVC
COMFORT GROUP
.HEATED SEATS
GT APPEARANCE PACKAGE
.ENGINE COVER WITH PONY EMBLEM
.BRIGHT ROLLED EXHAUST TIPS
.HOOD SCOOP
18" PREMIUM ALUMINUM WHEEL
PONY CENTER CAP

We got her for $28,500

On order: MGW billet, all of it !! :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Cavallo said:
I hate it, puts a ugly bump on the trunk lid..........

Yes it does. What's sad is that I had an afermarket XM system in my 96 Cobra and the antenna was much smaller. They could've done a better job with this. The antenna was the only reason that I didn't delte the spoiler from mine when I ordered it. I figured that at certain angles it helps to hide the big black pimple. There must be a way to paint that thing the same color as the car. I'd be interested to hear others thoughts on that issue.

Hey fellow Vet !

I agree painting the bump would do the trick I think.

Just pisses me off Ford options the car how they see fit and throw it on the lot. We searched 12 months for a car and all had that bump or some other BS option on it.
Love how Honda leaves it to the dealer to install options.............

I paid $175 for somthing we will never use.

Oh, well. The radio gets dumped as soon as I find the right DVD/NAV setup.

:flag: :flag:

Congrats Cavallo - where are the pics? Is the charcoal aluminum panel part of your IUP? If so I didn't even know you could get it in charcoal, I thought they were all the same color.

Cavallo said:
Hey fellow Vet !

I agree painting the bump would do the trick I think.

Just pisses me off Ford options the car how they see fit and throw it on the lot. We searched 12 months for a car and all had that bump or some other BS option on it.
Love how Honda leaves it to the dealer to install options.............

I paid $175 for somthing we will never use.

Oh, well. The radio gets dumped as soon as I find the right DVD/NAV setup.

:flag: :flag:

I do like my Satellite radio though. I have a 40-minute commute to work and got spoiled with it in the other car. To me it was a trade off to have it built into the dash. I figured with a convertible the more stuff that is built in the better. Plus I have no intention of swapping the factory stereo system. I just wish that I could get someone who is knowledgable to tell me if painting the antenna would hinder its reception capabilities.....

I seriously doubt it would affect it overly much. Considering many people have their antennas on the rear package shelf and the rear window is tinted and it works fine for them that painting it shouldn't be a huge concern.

Check out the XMfan forums. I know it's Sirius but the principles are the same.

GatorGreg said:
Congrats Cavallo - where are the pics? Is the charcoal aluminum panel part of your IUP? If so I didn't even know you could get it in charcoal, I thought they were all the same color.

Thats was the HARD part, finding a car without the satin panel on the dash.

When you order the Int pkg you can get either one, I like the dark woven look in charcoal.

Here is a quick pic, not a easy color to shoot pictures:

119781.jpg

Marine One said:
I do like my Satellite radio though. I have a 40-minute commute to work and got spoiled with it in the other car. To me it was a trade off to have it built into the dash. I figured with a convertible the more stuff that is built in the better. Plus I have no intention of swapping the factory stereo system. I just wish that I could get someone who is knowledgable to tell me if painting the antenna would hinder its reception capabilities.....

IMOP, painting is not going to hurt anything or loose perfomance at all.

We have hundreds of stations here and I have 300+ CD rip to MP3.

So a Sat sub every month is insane, not to menation I like the sound of the pipes over the radio 75% of the time.

SO let me know what you decide to do bud...........:flag:

The Sirius bump

Cavallo said:
I hate it, puts a ugly bump on the trunk lid..........
I am going to take issue with you guys on this. I know it looks different, but I think the satallite antena is cool. I like the way it looks, and if you have ever endured Memphis radio you would consider this a God send.

I do not think it is ugly, I like it. Thus far it is the only way I can tell the the 06's from the 07's on the interstate. Personally anyone that does not consider this option a plus, really needs to pawn their Kraco 8 tracks and get modern. Sorry guys, your sissy ass Ipods are obsolete too.

Clean it up there or add some decorative flare with some smiley faces. You are welcome to an opinion but the last few sentences would be sliding into the "no flaming".

Your right

Jenns05Stang said:
Clean it up there or add some decorative flare with some smiley faces. You are welcome to an opinion but the last few sentences would be sliding into the "no flaming".
You are right I am sorry. I take back the Ipod sling. But not the Kraco 8 track reference. I like my Sirrius radio and I like the antena.

No need to be sorry. Just don't do it again. :lol: In any event. It is no big deal. Cavallo is a strapping young man with an attitude to match. :D If he wasn't so darn happy about this Stang after giving up the 'Bra, I would have just hid in the shadows. But DANG-DARN-IT, he is just tickled pink. Feel the Love. hahahaa

Um, OK..........

First thing is this:

I am a Pro mechanic and HATE it when a car can not be returned back to stock.
So drilling a hole in a trunk lid for a POS ant is plain stupid. SAT radio is NOT the future period. I have more bills then I care to admit and do not need to PAY for radio just to drive to work.

9 out of 10 cars had this STUPID over priced option. So to order a car with out this tumor is purely sad.

So I am GLAD that some people like this, its just not practical or a must have option IMOP.

SO how can we make this TURD look better ??????????