New Boxter S bites the dust!

05Stangster

Mar 31, 2005
Austin, Texas
:D Two runs on empty road light to light. First run - I'm in front, Boxter S (new model) From a dead stop, 0-80, I gained about 4 car lenghts. Second run - Boxter S in front (turkey did a rolling start from the light) - punched it - he got about 2-3 car lengths right off the start and I gained every bit back before we got to 80! It was fun. After the second run, he and his wife or g/f pulled up beside and we gave each other 2 :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Thats cool. I hear the boxter is nothing to write home about, and a friend of mine who is a AMG & Porche junkie wont even coment on it. He says they are crap. But sounds like a good kill and the guy was a good sportsman about it.....that is always fun.

There is definately a difference between the 2005 Boxter and Boxter S. 2005 Boxter 0-60 mph in 5.9 seconds. Boxter S in 5.2 seconds. Boxter $43,800 and Boxter S 53,100. Pretty close 0-60 times. I think the funnest part was hearing the Boxter wind up and the GT doing the same. Just a fun adrenaline rush :)

I actually traded my 1999 Boxster in on my Stang! LOL!

Your right the car was nothing special off the line. The car really didn't pull until about 4,000RPM... BUT DANG, that car was frigging GLUED to the road! You could make a 90 degree turn at 50 MPH and it just happily zipped through the turn like it was nothing! LOL! More than once I had to let up in a turn because I simply couldn't hold onto the steering wheel while the car was still firmly planted!

But one look at the new 05 Mustang and my Porsche was gone! LOL!