New Car!! (non-mustang warning)

I know I'm pretty new around here but....Finally!!! After driving a mustang for 5 years through snow for every winter, I finally have a daily driver so that the mustang can sit in the garage.

Just picked it up on Monday. It's a 2007 Mazdaspeed3 Sport. Completely stock with about 28,000 miles. So far. . .I love it!

Here are the pics (sorry it's a bit dirty):

dsc_0004.jpg

dsc_0003.jpg

dsc_0002.jpg

dsc_0006.jpg

dsc_0005.jpg

dsc_0007.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Nice car. I've always liked those things. Sure would be a great DD; better MPG than the stang, but still sporty enough to atleast have a little fun with during daily duty. Just not too crazy about the wing on the back, I like the standard roofline better.

I remember a guy at tech school that had a regular mazda 3 hatch. Had exhaust, some susp, and cosworth intake manifold, and some other minor stuff. For a 4 cylinder, it sounded GOOD.

Nice car. I've always liked those things. Sure would be a great DD; better MPG than the stang, but still sporty enough to atleast have a little fun with during daily duty. Just not too crazy about the wing on the back, I like the standard roofline better.

I remember a guy at tech school that had a regular mazda 3 hatch. Had exhaust, some susp, and cosworth intake manifold, and some other minor stuff. For a 4 cylinder, it sounded GOOD.

Thanks. I love this thing so far. I have a friend of mine that talked them up a lot and never realized how nice it was til I got in it and drove one (even after riding in his a few times).

Yea I was listening to a few exhaust clips and I thought they sounded very similar to a wrx. . .but I like the stock exhaust and the noise from exhaust is one of the reason I bought this instead of daily driving the mustang. :rlaugh:

Nice lil car you picked up there, but you still may want to consider a dedicated winter tire for it.

All Season/ Winter tires - Mazda3Club.com

I would much rather see you safe than sorry.

Thanks I appreciate it. I've driven 2 different mustangs through 5 years of snow. . .2 of which I had dedicated summer performance tires on it. Plus, if it gets to the point where I need to worry about my tires for the snow. . .I'll steal the Jeep from my wife :D

Nice zippy car.. My DD is a Speed6.... Love it... If you have any left over cash, and your car has Pirelli PZero Nero tires - you may want to invest in a nice set of Hankook Icebears. The Pirellis are a little sketchy in the snow. They are very affordable. I bought a set of stock 15" aluminum Mazda rims off eBay for $225 delivered... Getting close to time to put them on here in Indiana.

Just installed an intake onmy Buddy's speed 3. Took about 2+ hours but it wasn't complicated at all (gotta remove the front bumper though).

You know you cant buy a factory turboed car and not do an intake and downpipe back, I think it's a rule somewhere.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Just installed an intake onmy Buddy's speed 3. Took about 2+ hours but it wasn't complicated at all (gotta remove the front bumper though).

You know you cant buy a factory turboed car and not do an intake and downpipe back, I think it's a rule somewhere.

lol. guess thats just another rule i'm probably gonna break then. still undecided as to how far I want to dive into this car since it is just my daily driver. Right now it has 20% tint and a aftermarket rear motor mount will probably be coming soon. Not sure how much farther I want to take it.