Roush New Crate Motor

sal07b

Mar 18, 2004
Springboro Ohio
Hey all,

I was trying to figure out whether to buy the PI upgrade kit for $1400 or not. I was worried about the increased compression with the 1996 motor. Not to mention, I've been getting a puff of smoke when I start out in 1st, or if I sit for a while. So... I ran across an 03 crate motor on eBay. I bought it for $1900 and it is going to be shipped this week. Zero miles on a PI motor for $500 more, can't hardly beat that.

My quesiton is, anyone know what I'm looking at for the swap. I wanted to build it up with a Saleen Series IV right off the bat, but I'm being told I'd be better off putting it in stock to build up some miles first. Opinions? I'm pretty stoked about the whole deal. I think I can put in a programmable chip and use the same computer. We'll see...

• Sponsors (?)

Sal,

Welcome back. The new motor is great news. If you can afford it go for your blower right off the bat. Why not? Are you sure this motor has zero miles? The best thing you can do is stay away from that powerflash. You already know that. Just don't run synthetic in it for at least 5-7k miles though.