New engine, new leaks

Mattsmustang

Mar 4, 2003
Kansas
I just got my car running yesterday for the first time in about 1 year and the t5 transmission is installed and working :D have a few questions though, first off it runs but pretty rough so how do i smooth it out, i set up the timing using Stinger's site :hail2: now it just needs tuned alittle. Also an oil leak has started today and i can't figure out whats wrong, all i know is that it only leaks when the car is running with a drip about every second, and it drips from the lip of the t5's bellhousing.

thanks guys,
matthew

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a rear main seal leaking to me.The car has been sitting for about a year?The seal may have shrunk.You could try some of that engine sealer stuff you get at the parts store.It might help.

Mattsmustang said:
it runs but pretty rough so how do i smooth it out, i set up the timing using Stinger's site :hail2: now it just needs tuned a little.

check your tps sensor, and IAC. I think there is a really good writeup on this on stingers site... other than that all the same stuff you always hear; plug wires, dist cap, rotor, and correctly gapped plugs (all ford parts). you did put the spout back after you timed, right? that would do it.

ditto what mongoroach said on the leak... if it s oil and coming from the bellhousing its probably a rear main seal (which sucks cause your gonna have to pull it back out and apart to fix).

89lx2.3 said:
check your tps sensor, and IAC. I think there is a really good writeup on this on stingers site... other than that all the same stuff you always hear; plug wires, dist cap, rotor, and correctly gapped plugs (all ford parts). you did put the spout back after you timed, right? that would do it.

ditto what mongoroach said on the leak... if it s oil and coming from the bellhousing its probably a rear main seal (which sucks cause your gonna have to pull it back out and apart to fix).
Do what this guy said.

QWIKSVO said:
if your running a turbo check the oil feed line on drivers side. the oil will run down the side of the block and drip like a rearmain seal,"right at the bell housing" I have had that problem. hope this helps
Yes that can happen check the oil feed line if your smart.