New guy

• Sponsors (?)

DeathMetal said:
Actually, I wish the v6 was around 250 hp or so, to compete with those foriegn v6's that are putting out crazy numbers like:

Nissans V6: 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine
265 hp @ 5,800 rpm
255 lb-ft of torque @ 4,400 rpm

Welcome aboard dude! Im sure youll enjoy the forums you can find out anything about a mustang! The new V6 is definitely an improved version of the base Mustang. As for wishing for a 250hp V6 Mustang, that would be kinda cool but i doubt itll happen. After all the V6 is meant to be a base model so it wont have a massive amount of power. Thats where the GT comes in handy! :nice:

Enjoy the site dude! :flag:

brandon_lawson7 said:
Welcome aboard dude! Im sure youll enjoy the forums you can find out anything about a mustang! The new V6 is definitely an improved version of the base Mustang. As for wishing for a 250hp V6 Mustang, that would be kinda cool but i doubt itll happen. After all the V6 is meant to be a base model so it wont have a massive amount of power. Thats where the GT comes in handy! :nice:

Enjoy the site dude! :flag:

The 4.0 won't be around for long. A couple years down the road they'll replace it with the much more efficient 3.5 Duratec. According to Car Craft it will put out 250hp in the Mustang, and as much as 270 in other cars. They joked about it being faster than every Mustang GT made up until the new model.

True, i'm still kinda debating over a v6 or a GT right now. May just shell out the extra money for a GT. I've never had a car with a v8 before, and this Cougar is my first car with a v6. My car is all paid off already too, and its trade in value should be around 9 or 10k, so that is a good chunk off for a gt.

JSSuper455 said:
DOH! :doh: If they keep going with this trend it'll end up with as much power as the current 2V 4.6 :crazy:

sajawebb, I meant no put down or anything negative by my response. I was up late last night with the flu and was looking for something fun to comment on. I was only messing around a little to keep my mind occupied:D
:cheers:

When the ordering guide kept getting updated, I predicted (right here on StangNet) that if Ford kept increasing the HP at this rate by 2008 the V6 would have more HP than the GT. :rlaugh:

But seriously, foks: Over a month ago on Brad's site he posted an e-mail he received from a Ford engineer in Cologne Germany where the 4.0L is made. The Ford person said that the 202 HP rating was low, that the engine really put out closer to 220 HP. So it sounds like the 202, then 208 and now 210 HP rating is being selected by the marketing department not the engineers. It also would indicate that Ford is going with their current practice of under rating their engines, even the "lowly" Mustang V6.

The Ford person from Cologne also said that a HP boost for the 4.0 V6 was planned within 2 years and that he did NOT know of any plans to replace the 4.0 in the Mustang with the new 3.5 Duratec.

That 4.0 is a great engine, I'm really interested in test driving one, just for fun. I'm currently planning on the GT, but the 4.0 car will be pretty sweet, and a welcome "upgrade" for most buyers.

sajawebb said:
No Hairy actually this is good info/dialog, because as the specs build up for the V-6, so to will the specs increase for the GT. Stangnet sucks (in a sense) because members usually put-down others comments.
I wasn't tryin' to put anyone down, I hope I didn't come across that way. I just thought it was kinda funny to be arguing over single-digit horsepower changes on the base model Mustang. I have nothing against V6 or V6 owners at all -- they help finance the higher end models I want to buy :D.

Dave