New Job

MysteryMachine

Jun 21, 2003
Parkesburg, PA
Well a few weeks ago I heard they were starting a 3rd Shift for our single ply Gerber at work. I talked to the personal lady and put my name in for the operator position she said it would be about 17 bucks an hour :nice: . Well they ended up giving it to the 2nd shift helper he has less time there then me but has experience with the machine :notnice: . Well then i asked abotu teh 3rd shift helper job and she told me itwas already posted but woudl post it for me so i could have it. Well after she did another guy there bid on it but talked to me and said if wwe were the only two he would let me have it. Well I found out today I got the job. Its less money then the operator job but its still like 13 an hour which is more then i'm making now. I don't know when I'll start 3rd shift cause the guy that got teh other job has to have surgery on his arm now. They posted his job for 2nd shift as a temp postion till he comes back and can go on 3rd shift. Well then I was told to bid on the temp job so i can learn the job and machine so when he comes back I can just jump right into things. So one of these days I'll be starting 2nd shift probably till the guy comes back its still the same amount of pay so hopefully everything works out.

I have been thinking of plans for the extra money. I know its not a crazy amount but I'm hoping after I'm on it a little while i can swing buying a house and then some more car parts.

OH and the main plant has said that sometime in the future we will be getting a 2nd machine so then when it comes in i can jump up to the operator postion and get the 17 bucks an hour

LOL sorry I typed so much I wanted to give a little background why i was going to both shifts

• Sponsors (?)