New member/ Central, IL

Petritl

Nov 5, 2009
Washington,IL
I bought a 5.0 LX hatchback new in 1991 and sold it in 1995. Then in 2000 I bought a 1990 LX hatchback and replaced the tired 5.0 with a fresh racing 5.0 and sold it at a loss shortly after my daughter was born in 2002.I have been playing with antique cars over the last several years, my latest was a 1931 Ford deluxe tudor sedan.

A couple of weeks ago my wife and I were invited to a track day event at the Autobahn road coarse outside Joliet. My wife rode with my three friends that were driving instructors, she left the event excited and wanted to go fast around the track herself.

I listed my A on eBay and sold it this week. Then found a suitable road car for sale. I have a deposit on the 1995 Mustang GT that is in the following article and am driving across the eastern US to pick it up on Saturday.

1995 Ford Mustang GT - High Speed Connection

Are there any problem areas with the chassis I should be looking for?

ModelA004.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I bought a 5.0 LX hatchback new in 1991 and sold it in 1995. Then in 2000 I bought a 1990 LX hatchback and replaced the tired 5.0 with a fresh racing 5.0 and sold it at a loss shortly after my daughter was born in 2002.I have been playing with antique cars over the last several years, my latest was a 1931 Ford deluxe tudor sedan.

A couple of weeks ago my wife and I were invited to a track day event at the Autobahn road coarse outside Joliet. My wife rode with my three friends that were driving instructors, she left the event excited and wanted to go fast around the track herself.

I listed my A on eBay and sold it this week.
Hey that is great! That is my old area I used to live in Morton and East Peoria at different times. Welcome to StangNet :cheers:

Then found a suitable road car for sale. I have a deposit on the 1995 Mustang GT that is in the following article and am driving across the eastern US to pick it up on Saturday:
1995 Ford Mustang GT - High Speed ConnectionAre there any problem areas with the chassis I should be looking for?
HOLY **** BATMAN! A "suitable road car"? That is a fully built super deluxe off the hook mustang with ****ing magazine articles written about it. Suitable... :lol:

Enjoy it man, as for what to look for who knows with a car like that!

POST PICS AS SOON AS YOU GET THAT BABY HOME BRO! :hail2:

Damn...

ENGINE AND DRIVETRAIN
Block Stock ’03 Cobra
Bore 3.552
Stroke 3.5433
Displacement 281 ci
Crank Stock ’03 Cobra
Rods Stock ’03 Cobra
Pistons Stock ’03 Cobra
Cams Stock ’03 Cobra
Heads Stock ’03 Cobra
Intake Stock ’03 Cobra
Throttle Body Stock ’03 Cobra
Injectors Stock ’03 Cobra
Fuel Pump 255 lph
Fuel Tank Cobra R fuel cell
Headers FRPP Ceramic short-tube
Exhaust Bassani catalytic X-pipe and
Warlock capped mufflers
Power Adder Stock ’03 Cobra,
w/Lightning intercooler tank and pulley
Transmission Tremec TKO, w/11-in
’03 Cobra clutch
Rearend 8.8 live axle, 3.27 gears

ELECTRONICS
Engine Management ACCEL Gen VII,
tuned by MV Performance
Ignition MSD DIS-4
Gauges Auto Meter

SUSPENSION AND CHASSIS
FRONT SUSPENSION
K-Member MV Performance
tubular (for 4.6)
Control Arms Stock
Springs/Struts Koni Sport adjustable/
’95 Cobra R springs
w/rubbers for 1,000 lb/in
Caster/Camber Hotchkis plates, 2.5
negative camber, 5.5 positive caster
Tower Brace Kenny Brown
Brakes Steeda/PBR 13-in, Hawk blue pads
Wheels Cobra R
Tires Kumho Victoracer 275/40x17

REAR SUSPENSION
Shocks/Springs Koni Sport adjustable/
’95 Cobra R springs
Axle Location Kenny Brown Track
Kit Plus Panhard
Brakes Cobra, w/Brembo rotors
and Hawk blue pads
Wheels Cobra R
Tires Kumho Victoracer 275/40x17
Cage AutoPower four-point,
upgraded to eight-point
Subframes Kenny Brown, w/jacking rails

Awesome dude! I would have just given you a warning for not having plates. I hope he did the same:nice:
Yep, your right.. I received a printed out warning ticket for not displaying a tag.

I was pulled over after dark so as the trooper came back to the car he kind of looked the car over with his flashlight,and then looked at the inside. He thanked me for pulling over and said if I had decieded to run he doesn't think he would have been able to catch me:D