New Mustang Convertible - Top needs replaced.

Mar 20, 2009
I am the proud new owner of a Green w/ Tan top 1994 Mustang GT Convertible.

The first thing that needs to be done is have the convertible top replaced. I am not sure whether or not at this point I will use the awesome eHow article I found to do it myself or have it done for me. I've searched through past threads on here and one question I have seems to not have been answered that clearly regarding the back window.

Can I reuse the one I already have?

theautoptopshop.com offers a top that has a top and window as one piece. do these tops install in the same manner. If they do I may just go this route.

Any info would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Had mine done last spring went from Tan to Black! and I wouldn't have it anyother way! The stang is still in storage for a few more weeks I'll take some picks and post them when I pull it out!

I went from a tan vinyl top to black cloth on my DFG mustang and it looks 100% better than it did with the tan top. I did my top install myself, cost me ~ $500 shipped for top, cables, pad, rear window. PM if you have any questions.

Tan top switched to Black

I switched last spring, finally had a decent enough day to pull it out of storage.
23519020039_medium.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

I picked up one of those vinyl 1 piece tops in black off of ebay for around $200 and had it installed for $275. :nice:

It fits fine and looks fine. I really don't have an opinion about one material looking better than another. I don't consider myself a top connoisseur and I've never heard of any of my buddies being complimented on their tops material.

Now with that being send I don't even drive my toy just yet so I can't advise on the sound isolation nor seal, but it does look nice and waay better than the torn up previous top I had to replace. My GT also isn't being used as a DD so my priorities might not be the same as others.

I've seen the cloth top on a 95! and yes it does look better! The one on mine is a two peace that I got off E-bay (not cloth). I also don't drive mine all winter so this top should last a fairly long time. Those cloth tops on the newer 05 and up Stangs are not lasting very long. The guy that put mine on has had to do several replacement tops on those newer generation cars.