New Owner

Maxboost50

Founding Member
May 8, 2002
Louisiana
Hey all, I'm the proud new owner of an 04 Mystichrome convertible. I'm not new to Mustangs or this site, as I have been posting on the 94-95 specific forum since 2002. I have owned several Mustangs, my favorite to this point was an 86GT I had that I supercharged. My new Cobra is so complete, I don't think there will be anything to come along in my lifetime to replace it. Anyway, I noticed that the 04's take 5W-20 oil. What oil do you guy's use, and does anyone use the Mobil 1 0W-20?

Also, Will I receive the SVT certificate from just buying the car, or do I still need to call the 800 number?

• Sponsors (?)

Maxboost50 said:
Hey all, I'm the proud new owner of an 04 Mystichrome convertible. I'm not new to Mustangs or this site, as I have been posting on the 94-95 specific forum since 2002. I have owned several Mustangs, my favorite to this point was an 86GT I had that I supercharged. My new Cobra is so complete, I don't think there will be anything to come along in my lifetime to replace it. Anyway, I noticed that the 04's take 5W-20 oil. What oil do you guy's use, and does anyone use the Mobil 1 0W-20?

Also, Will I receive the SVT certificate from just buying the car, or do I still need to call the 800 number?

If you bought the car new and you're the first registered owner, there's nothing more you need to do. SVT will send you your build certificate automatically along with a free 1-year membership to SVTOA and some other little knick-knacks.

As for oil... I was going to be an ass and tell you to do a search because this has been discussed over a 100 times....but I'm feeling nice today and I'll tell you that most of us run Mobil 1 synthetic, either 5W30 or 10W30. 20W is too thin for this engine and only recommended by Ford in an effort to increase the overall C.A.F.E. rating.

U.M.

UM is right. Although I have been using the thin stuff as having your oil changed and your car inspected for free every 3 months by the dealer is the absolute easiest way to build a good relationship and document service= less warranty headaches!!