New piston's ring?

• Sponsors (?)

all my cylinder have a real low compression, the first one have 0 second one have 60, and 85,70 are following, and it is the rings for sure. So I need to replace the rings :)

And now my father tells me that if I'm changing the rings, the compression will be too high for the head, and that the head will broke.

More infos required?

Nope it wont hurt anything. Theres alot of people who think that but theres nothing to it. You can replace the rings just fine, but you'll need to do some other work while your in there.
#1 you'll at least need a hone job / and posibly, most likely, an overbore depending on the condition of the bores. its senseless not to clean things up while your in there.
#2 if your rings are bad, chances are its time to replace the bearings as well. Thats no big deal because they are cheap and easy to fix, and you'll have to take them out anyhow to get to the pistons.

the other thing, its very rare to have a cylinder with zero lbs of compression. You might have a valve problem or something, but its probobly more serious then jsut rings. Either way, tear it apart and see what ya got.

why would that be Stinger? everyone has to start somewhere. The only thing I wont touch is trannies!!!
He will be fine as long as he takes his time and .. hmm.. Hay dude, you should go on amazon and find a engine rebuild book. read it. even if you dont rebuild it knowing how to rebuild it will help you know what will need to be done when going that deep in.

I've already remove the head, and the piston #1 have a kind of hole in it, it look like it have "explode" on one side. it's weird..

Maybe I have not so much experience, but, that's what I try to acquired...

and thanks for the info!