new radio in ..

with the metra harness the install was easy ,only thing that took me long was the custome ground adaptor i made (to have all my ground points in one spot) and the soldering of all the wires then heat shrinking them .:flag:

that metra makes things so much easier doesn't it? nice job...looks great.

Aren't you worried about that getting stolen? That's probably why I'll never do something like this...

that's why I have 5% window tint on my car...side 2 windows, and back 3. can't see in even if you wanted to.

plus if you mount it to the chassis, they won't be pulling it out without damaging it.

feel sorry for the poor bastard who tries to steal mine, he's going to have a hell of a time getting it out.

• Sponsors (?)

Had mine in a garage with security guards and all and this happened to mine (I too had a 7" flip touch DVD setup with an iPod adapter, boost & fuel gauge, amp & subwoofer, oh and my SCT2 tuner was in the trunk, along with a 92 piece tool set.... yea...)

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

Long story short, it made me hate society and my car for a good 3 months but I came around. Got a Viper alarm as well as had the lock shaved off my door.

Nice headunit, but be smart with it. People want what they can't have. :nice:

NOW GET ON THE WITH THE POWER MODS ALREADY!! ENOUGH WITH THE COSMETICS!

Well unless its real old it dont look DEI :shrug: What does the siren say on it? Also does the relay say DEI anywhere? That relay looks like eaither door or trunk pop as the wires look too small for starter disable :shrug:

What color is the alarm light and what does it look like? Also better pics so I can see the order of colors on the harness might help :nice:

Also if you follow the wires from the small plugs it looks like one will lead to a impact sensor that would also give manufacturer.

I will definately trace some of the wires to see if I can find some relays or what not.I already looked for the siren but there isnt one anywhere that I can see.Either its really hidden or he also took that,I cant even find holes on the fender wells or firewall where it might have been mounted.The way its spliced in under the dash....im guessing its aftermarket.The previous owner took anything that was easy to take.He had Fosgate amps in there cause he left the bass knob,all wiring,converter, and the satelite radio stuff.

Well unless its real old it dont look DEI :shrug: What does the siren say on it? Also does the relay say DEI anywhere? That relay looks like eaither door or trunk pop as the wires look too small for starter disable :shrug:

What color is the alarm light and what does it look like? Also better pics so I can see the order of colors on the harness might help :nice:

Also I dont see a led anywhere or a hole for it...but that doesnt mean he wasnt using something different.I thought the same for the relay....looks like a door relay but most alarms ive seen use the already existing power lock relays.

Some do most dont. Its a 5 wire setup for the locks and its progressive so alot of companies have to use one. I really looks like a Medusa plug or mabey a Viper 300 or 350 but I cant be sure.

Ok after look all under the dash I cannot find a sensor,but my GT that had a DEI had that control on the brain.I also found another relay pusheed in back behind alot of the factory plugs,it has a factory look to it but it was just laying in there.But if you can see it is pluged in differntly than the other one.

Wire color order is:
Main Harnes:from right to left
Red,wht,R/wht,Wht/blk,purple,yellow,blk/wht,blk,orange,brown,light green,dark green,medium green.

4 pin
blue,red/blk,light green,red

2 pin
Light green,red

I also pulled some numbers off the main plug,this exactly the way its on there:

Keep This Side Up
hwaxe04b 9

And the new relay I found has this

Tyco VF4-45F11
IN 0320

View attachment 318585
View attachment 318586

Had mine in a garage with security guards and all and this happened to mine (I too had a 7" flip touch DVD setup with an iPod adapter, boost & fuel gauge, amp & subwoofer, oh and my SCT2 tuner was in the trunk, along with a 92 piece tool set.... yea...)

Long story short, it made me hate society and my car for a good 3 months but I came around. Got a Viper alarm as well as had the lock shaved off my door.

Nice headunit, but be smart with it. People want what they can't have. :nice:

NOW GET ON THE WITH THE POWER MODS ALREADY!! ENOUGH WITH THE COSMETICS!

trust me im not stupid with my cars thats why my first mod was an alarm , but my point was thatif someone wants it they will take it regardless and thats the truth :notnice:

some mods done already ::nice:
-PYpes exhust
-S&B CAI
-Ford racing springs
-KYB adjustable shocks / struts