New Rear Control-arms/bushings?

Exile

Apr 3, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I just acquired a 91' LX Hatch, but every time I hit a lil bump it feels like the rear-end bottoms out making a hard thud sound? Or every time I get on it (making the rear-end squat) it feels like the drive-shaft is rubbing on the underside of the car? Which by looking at the dive-shaft you can see wear spots going down it where it is hitting the underside of the car...

I remember the guy I got the car from saying that the rear-upper control-arm bushing are bad. Are the symptoms above signs of bad rear control-arms bushings? (the rear shocks seem good)

But doing some research on Mustangs, and their rear control-arms, it seems like its best to upgrade them anyways. So I plan on just getting some new rear upper & lower control-arms that already have new bushings in them. But I keep reading that for a daily driver its best not to get polyurethane bushings, but to get rubber bushings? But it seems like every aftermarket rear upper & lower control arms that I have seen all come with polyurethane bushings?

I am on a tight budget at the moment, so can anyone recommend a cheap set of rear upper & lower control-arms that come with rubber bushings?

Or are people just buying whatever control-arms their wanting, and then just swapping out the polyurethane bushing with OEM rubber bushings?

These are the rear upper & lower control arms that I was looking to getting for my car. 79-04 Mustang Rear Upper and Lower Control Arms

Any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks,
Jason

• Sponsors (?)