New System Advice

Silvr04GT

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2002
San Jose, CA
Hey guys,

Alright so I currently have an Eclipse AVN-5435 in my 2004 GT, I used a wiring harness to get it to connect to my Mach 460 stuff. I'm thinking about ripping out all the factory stuff and going aftermarket. I was thinking about sticking with Eclipse stuff for that. Do you guys think that Eclipse speakers, amps and sub would sound good? (I'm not going for a competition stereo, I just want something that will sound good).

Here were my thoughts so far, 5-1/4" components (like the SC8254) up front, with the speaker mounted in the door and then the tweeters mounted up where the factory ones are. Then I'm unsure about rear speakers, some people have told me not to worry about rear speakers. But if I do use them I would think that something like the SE8375, a 3-way 5x7.

And then I was thinking either a single 12" or single 10" mounted in the spare tire spot. But I'm really not sure which level of sub I should look at.

Finally what about amps... should the fronts and rears be run off an amp and then if so should you run the sub off a separate amp? So should I run like a 4 ch amp and then a mono amp for the sub? I was thinking that it would be nice to have a nice amp rack in the trunk so I would like to keep the amps either the same size or maybe use 3 amps, like two 2 ch and and mono.

Sorry for all the questions, I just wanna get an idea of what I should do with my system.

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes,yes,yes! Components up front,6x8 in the rear(5x7) and the BEST way is to run a 4 channel amp for those and a seperate mono one for the sub. Some companies make 5 channel amps(don't know about Eclipse) that would also work. Feel free to pick my brain again,you know how to reach me!

Go ahead and get the Eclipse amps with the ICE circuit. They're tiny and have good output. Skip the rear speakers and invest in better front components. Then use the Eclipse 8200 12" sub. That is a TCSounds built monster that sounds FANTASTIC in 1 cubic foot. Beastly.