New times with VT Cams

[Twitch]

Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
So I just installed my VT N/A Stage 1 cams. I am still waiting for a custom tune for it. For now, I am just using the Diablosport tune and set the idle to 850rpm to make the car run fine.

My previous best times was [email protected]

Tonight, with my new cams: [email protected] and this is with no tune.

Also, I managed to do my best trap speed of 108.57mph:nice:

Now I can't get to get my tune:D

• Sponsors (?)

csledd said:
congrats man!! my stage 2's made a noticeable difference at the track for me too.. including the mass spinnage I now endure.. but Im fixing it :)

The main problem I have now is that the RPM go up to fast and hits the redline right before I shift, I am still used to the non-cam setup. Every gear I go into I hit the rev limiter.

On another note, does anyone know what the rev limiter is at?

[Twitch] said:
The main problem I have now is that the RPM go up to fast and hits the redline right before I shift, I am still used to the non-cam setup. Every gear I go into I hit the rev limiter.

On another note, does anyone know what the rev limiter is at?
what are you shifting at? I think stock is 6500 rpms.. might want to move it back a little.

My problem at first was I kept shifting around 5900.. lol i was too use to shifting based off listening to the car

csledd said:
what are you shifting at? I think stock is 6500 rpms.. might want to move it back a little.

My problem at first was I kept shifting around 5900.. lol i was too use to shifting based off listening to the car

I don't think is 6500rpm, I remember seing the needle hit 6000rpm. I think the rev limiter for GTs is 6050rpm.

timeless2 said:
;)
Yeah, I saw that, but I'm so conservative when it comes to that stuff just because I've seen the resulting carnage of running with a bad tune and running with no tune.

Yea, I am going to wait for a tune now until I go back:p I don't know what's happening at RWTD.:(

SilverBullet00 said:
last time I went to the track I couldnt hook up very welll, but my best time was 14.5 @ 98 with a 2.2 60' .... that is with all the mods in my sig... sucks to be me, something is deffinetely wrong

Yea, something seems wrong.

My current mods are:
- VT N/A Stage 1 Cams No Tune
- Mac Prochamber O/R
- Diablosport Predator
- GMS Upper Intake Plenum
- Steeda U/D Pulleys
- FRPP 3.73 Gears
- Street tires (Exclaim UHP)
- Bullitt Suspension Kit
- SVT Cobra Front Brakes

SilverBullet00 said:
last time I went to the track I couldnt hook up very welll, but my best time was 14.5 @ 98 with a 2.2 60' .... that is with all the mods in my sig... sucks to be me, something is deffinetely wrong

I agree something is wrong. With my 2000 I got a best of 14.0 @ 99mph with a 2.1 60ft (<--what kept me from hittin 13's) back in april. Since then I have fixed a broken O2 which somehow didnt show symtoms for a while, and now the o/r pipe is on. I'll be going to the track tomorrow, and I'm feelin 13's.