New Timming belt and set the Timming.

Pro-Hawk

Dec 4, 2003
West Texas
I'm replacing the timming belt on my car since it was a part anyways. I got the cam pulley set but can't seem to get the crank pulley mark set right. The crank will turn to the mark is where the timming marks start on the cover but then stops. I need to turn the crank about a quarter turn but it want turn no more. I've turned the cam a few full turns to see if that helps but no go. Does anyone got a idea on whats up or how to set the crank marks :shrug:

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

140cilx said:
Are you saying the bottom end is locked up? Or locks up after a bit of rotation?

:doh: I had the dang thing in gear :rlaugh: Just a reminder don't work on a car pass Midnight :shrug: Also this timming belt is not completely easy to do the first time around. Getting that crank pully off is loads of fun :rolleyes: Please ask someone before starting this one :nice:

It Lives !!??

Its finnalySTARTED!!

So fair thought its got a good size fuel leak from the high pressure side I think ( one with horse clip). I'm to tired to screw with it anymore but I will say I did use all new clips on both lines. The only thing I can think of is all my tugging and pulling trying to figure the line clips out may have messed it up.

Ray III said:
I hate those ****ing things, broke off one of mine :mad: time for HOSE CLAMPS.

I've heard some bad fire reports from using plain hose clamps :eek: The TF guys seem to think I'm missing a O-Ring that goes in my fuel lines before they plug into the fuel rail. I know mine don't have any O-Rings so :scratch: I guess that could be it. If you are having trouble finding the clips look them up on my site. I got the NAPA parts numbers listed as well as the tool to remove the "duck bill" clip. I'm off to see about some O-Rings :rolleyes: