New to site, Questions

Peaky85

Dec 24, 2008
Indiana
Hello everyone, I am new to the site.
I recently purchased an Alloy '07 GT (off eBay w/18k miles and 4 a bargain price of 16k) Don't freak out, it was at a local dealer going out of business about 30 miles from home. the car is in perfect shape with the owner trading it in for a new stage 4 Saleen (lucky B). This is my first of the new S197 style Mustangs. It is not however my first venture into the pony world, having owned a 1965, 1966, 1985, and 1986 ponies (should'a bought an '05 and an '06). The latter 2 having both been 5.0 GT's.
Ok, so here is the first of many questions that are sure to come ... been away for too long. I was scanning eBay and found a set of wheels that caught my eye. The seller states that they fit 1994 - 04 mustangs, however the lug spacing is 5 x 4 1/2, with Front 18 x 9" / 24mm - Rear 18 x 10" / 22mm 4 new 18 x 9/10" Chrome Morxchn Mustang Saleen style deep lip rivet wheels. The seller is O E Wheels out of Sarasota Fl. Anyone have any feedback on the quality of their product ?
I jus luv the look of that Saleen style wheel, suggestions on the best tire combo to achieve that real nasty/mean stance and the best spring kit for lowering, factoring in ride quality and value not really into the hard core twisties thing, just want the proper look ... Any and all suggestions would be appreciated Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Wheel Pic

photo oe-saleen-c-r-p-2-x.jpg

Hi! Welcome aboard.

S197s have 45mm offset wheels. 1994 to 2004 have 25mm. I think the wheels you are looking at might sit further inside the wheel well. You might want to research any issues that might result from the smaller offset.
:)