New to StangNet!

Eskimio

Aug 22, 2011
Hey everybody! A short introduction... I'm a 20 year old college student from Delaware and I recently purchased a red 1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Hatch from my father (which we both worked on). We finally got it running right last night and took it for its maiden voyage, and damn was it fun. My past two cars were a '94 Ford Ranger w/ a 2.3L Turbo swap (which was somewhat of a lemon and a project car... could never keep the damn thing running for more than a week or two) and my last car was a '00 Chevy Cavalier (which had about as much horsepower as the lawnmower in the shed). So I'm very excited to have such a nice car with as few miles as it does (78k) considering both my past vehicles had at least 100k.

I'm basically finding forums around the internet to expand my knowledge of foxbody mustangs, 5.0L engines and general car knowledge so I can eventually upgrade the mustang. For now, the car itself basically has all the bolt-on additions that you can put on the engine without having to do serious work. Headers, exhaust, cold-air intake, etc. Nothing extreme. It also has a chip-tune but neither my father nor I have noticed any increase in performance as a result.

The interior has all the bells and whistles, power everything, and is almost immaculate - definitely a score, especially with a '92 (lowest production year). However, the exterior could use some work. Front bumper has a bend/dent on the driver side, dings and scratches all around, passenger door had been damaged and replaced before we owned it and the color is one off. Among other tiny issues which really don't bother me right now.

My current plan is, since the engine is pretty much where I want/need it right now and mileage is definitely a consideration (owing to my being a tight-budget college student), is to first upgrade the soundsystem. It does have an aftermarket pioneer head unit but it's aged and worn, I think the rear sides have JL entry-level replacements and the tweeters sound like they're not stock either but the doors are very quiet so I have a feeling they're still original. I have a step-brother who used to compete with car sound systems and at one point had the loudest car in Delaware, he and I plan on trying to outfit the vehicle with a good mid-range system with a subwoofer enclosure in the hatch. After the sound system, I'm probably going to save up for a Maaco paint job just to replace the old, worn paint and have the door and body match. After that, I guess the sky's the limit.

Sorry if this is super long but I've had a lot I wanted to say for a while now but I've been waiting until the mustang was actually finished and running to start becoming active on forums (I have been trolling, but never bothered to become a member until today). I'm seriously syked to be owning/driving this car and I can't wait to learn as much as I can and maybe even make a few friends while I'm at it!

• Sponsors (?)

Red 1992 Ford Mustang 5.0 LX Foxbody

There's the album with photos of the car! I just took the pictures 30 minutes ago. Unfortunately, I didn't realize my cellphone camera was on low-quality so the pictures aren't phenomenal. Additionally, the sun was in my eyes a lot, or shining on the phone screen, so I couldn't line the pictures up exactly the way I wanted. I'll take more/better pictures sometime in the near future. Additionally, it needs a bath... bad. So don't judge. =P