Newbie 3 questions

AL-BOSS4.0

Aug 30, 2005
Hello everyone, i tried to find answers before posting but nothing specific came on sooo... :rolleyes:
1st question: I have a chance to buy an exhaust system from a GT, with the rear bumper the same color as my car :banana: will i loose or gain HP and torque ?

2nd: I will most probably have to buy the front bumper also, will my V6 grill fit the GT bumper ? i really do not like the GT fog lamps :notnice:

3rd: my diff is opened :nonono: , apart from changing it for a GT diff, is Ford have limited slip parts for the stock v6 diff? and if so from what model (might be cheaper to find use this way :) ) i am satisfied with the ratio for now...

Thanks in advance ! :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

first, off plenty of people have changed the mufflers with gt take offs i am one without changing the rear. many have cut the panel for the exhaust, looks fine.
second, no the grill is smaller wont fit right but i guess you could try.
and third, the difs are different sizes on the two cars so i hope you are changing the whole rear end!

good luck

Well, there is one question answered! the front bumper stays... :nice:

I will not cut the rear as it will not be like the passenger side, molded in, i do not mind paying for a rear GT bumper especially when it is already painted the same color as my car from the Factory :banana:

now for the 2 other questions, will i loose or gain HP and torque with the dual setup from a GT? :rolleyes: i read about a 2.25 size sytem instead of a 2.50 GT like....
I know the GT diff is bigger, my question was if by retaining the original V6 diff, can i add a limited slip in it? and if so, which model/year of Ford product was it available? :(

Hope i am clearer in my questions... :shrug:

AL-BOSS4.0 said:
Thanks a lot! that is even cheaper than i tought! :nice:

I just had one of those babys put in my car... WOOOHOO!! What a difference! And best part... no more legged burnouts... LOL! Ok...some days I think i'm 12 again... LOL

T-Lok.jpg

AL-BOSS4.0 said:
SCRMING, how much did it cost you total? i know what you mean about being 12 years old again, even tough i am 30 yars older than that :canada:

I did the package deal... gears and diff... If I remember correctly the guy told me if I wanted to wait and buy the diff later and have it put in it would be $100 for labor... I bought the gears and T-Loc from the shop so I paid a little more than if I shopped around... (i was in a hurry! LOL)... You can find the T-Loc for aound $200 or so...

BTW... I just turned 42... LOL

people have had good luck with cutting the rear end. i am not to keen about it but i dont want the different body lines that the gt rear has.

at 44 i cant see that close anyway