Kentuckyboy71

Dec 30, 2007
Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Hope everybody had a Merry Christmas!

Anyway, I've been poking around here for the last hour or so looking at pics and I now have a few new ideas for my '78 Cobra II, so don't be surprised if you get an e-mail or PM from me.

Isaw a few pics of II's that had a tail light mod that replaced the orange/clear center with another red lens. Is there a thread here that will help me out with that?

Anyway.....have a Happy New Year.......don't do anything that I wouldn't do!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome!

As to your tailight Q's, I never found a thread (but then again I don't think I looked)

To put it bluntly, all you really have to do is get a second set of lights, cut out the interiormost (red) lenses and then cut out the orange lenses from the ones you're putting back on the car and attach the new red ones. I was able to heat up the edges of my orange lens and pry it off. Then after cutting the red ones out, i used some outdoorsy glue to put it all together. My cutting could have been better, but I deem my set "good 'nuff"

0d93c141.jpg

Please post some pics of your '78 :nice:

Attachments

• 0d93c141.jpg
    0d93c141.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 69
Thanks for the speedy response guys. I'll be looking around for another set of tail lights to tear up....lol! I'll get some pics of it up sometime. It's not much to look at. I bought it back in '89 when I was a senior in HS.....actually a pic of me with it in my yearbook. Dropped a valve and did some engine damage the day I graduated and it's been in my Dad's garage ever since. I still have it though.....that's the good thing.

Thanks again......and be safe tonight!