News on 2006 pricing?

andrewVA

Oct 13, 2004
I was wondering if anyone had gone in to look at the 2006 order guides in the dealerships to place an order yet. I wont be ready to place an order until after I close on my house, so I dont want to approach them yet.
I had heard rumors that the 06 models were going to be slightly more expensive than the 05 models, but didn't know if that only applied to the GT since they are so much harder to get.
Also, I was particularly interested in how much the pony package would add to a V6 price, so if anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate it. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

andrewVA said:
I was wondering if anyone had gone in to look at the 2006 order guides in the dealerships to place an order yet. I wont be ready to place an order until after I close on my house, so I dont want to approach them yet.
I had heard rumors that the 06 models were going to be slightly more expensive than the 05 models, but didn't know if that only applied to the GT since they are so much harder to get.
Also, I was particularly interested in how much the pony package would add to a V6 price, so if anyone has any info, I would greatly appreciate it. :nice:

Based on the Link below, the PONY PACKAGE should not at anything to the final price of the car.. In my opinion.. If so, dont get one with the PONY package.. These types of items should be added after market.. But to each his own..

http://www.autoblog.com/category/fordmustang/

On further viewing the package, maybe that is worth a few extra bucks!! LOL!!

Looks pretty sweet actually!!

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/05/06/index.htm

I would really like to see Ford offer the V6's with the GT exterior package, which would go to include dual exhaust.. They would sell alot of those for sure.. Buy a GT Mustang without the V8.. Heck, why not.. They could give you everything else from the rear-end to the stiffer suspension and all other GT related items, just hold back the V8...

That would be a killer package..

Yeah, I like the retro grill of the pony package. I definitely want to see what the rest of it looks like, but that grill alone will make it look even more like my 67 project fastback. Would definitely be cool to see the old and the new in the garage at night.
But like they say, nothing is free. Im just wondering if it will cost $250 or $750 to add the pony package to a 06 v6, and on top of that, how the base msrp of a v6 premium changed with the new model year.