No brake lights and turn signals don’t flash

Andresquintana.mma

Nov 28, 2014
Just finished a build on my 93 gt. My gf was following me to get it aligned and said I had no break lights. She also said that my turn signals were flashing but all of a sudden they stopped flashing and just stay on. Hazards also work. I checked for power with a light tester and no power to break lights. A couple bulbs seemed burnt out but replaced them and swapped the rest with my other fox. Only turn signals were working and with my headlights on running lights were working.
Checked fuses under the dash everything was good. Can’t find the turn signal flasher so not sure if that’s the problem. I’m hoping it’s not the switch under the peddle. Is there any way to check that before replacing it? Also if anyone can point me to the turn signal flasher in a 93 gt it would be greatly appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Flasher it in the passenger footwell kinda up between the HVAC box and the radio. Brake lights are all on their own as are the turn signals (multifunction switch and hazard switch operate them).

Jump the switch under the pedal and see if you get brake lights.

Flasher it in the passenger footwell kinda up between the HVAC box and the radio. Brake lights are all on their own as are the turn signals (multifunction switch and hazard switch operate them).

Jump the switch under the pedal and see if you get brake lights.
Thank you I had just found the flasher. That wasn’t the problem.
I’ll jump the switch here later on today.
Just weird to me that the turn signals did work and now they don’t flash.

My 89 had intermittent turn signals when I first bought it. Half way thru my commute to work they would stop working. And then on my way home, no issues, they worked just fine. I figured out that it was my ignition switch under the column that was bad. I just happened to jiggle the key slightly on one of the times that they stopped working and that fixed it for the rest of that commute. I have had no issues with it since I replaced the switch. No idea if it affected the brake lights as well though? Hope you figure it out.

Reactions: 1 user
So odds are you have it installed correctly. Pull the wiring harness off the switch and see if you get continuity across the switch with the brake pedal depressed. If you get continuity then maybe the wires in the plug are not making a good connection?

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user