No spare tire??

• Sponsors (?)

Firstly welcome to Stangnet and congratulations on the new Mustang enjoy it!:nice:
As far as I know only V6s, Brembo cars and the Boss302 come without a spare. They have what Ford calls a "tire mobility kit" which is an electric pump and a can of tire slime. Other models have a spare. There was a pretty extensive thread about this last May:
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/need-a-jack-and-spare.838410/
Btw Stangnet has a "search forum" feature. It's a great tool. There is a good chance that there is already a thread on many of the questions or issues that you may have.

^Then why not eliminate the spares on all of models ? They eliminated the spare from the V6 for fuel economy, That I understand, from am advertising standpoint 31 mpg sounds better then 30 mpg and it sounds way better then 29 mpg. But why have no spare on the Brembo (and 2010 Trackpack) cars and the Boss 302, but keep it on a regular GT? It cant be due to the bigger tires cause the GT500 has even bigger tires and it has a spare.

Its a combination of saving weight, saving space, and saving money.

Ultimately, in the era of cell phones, better tires, road-side assistance, and general mechanical incompetence, that little donut spare is rather pointless if you really think about it. Most will never need it. Most of those that do won't know what to do with it, and most of those who do would still call AAA, or Ford roadside assistance because it is just so much easier.

And for the small percentage who actually make it to changing it themselves, the spare is probably flat anyway, since almost no once checks the spare.

mine came with a compressor/fixaflat combo, they said roadside assistance. Really just an advertisement to shave a few pounds on the stats if you ask me. I really don't travel long distances really in mine so not much of a deal

Yep. With no spare theres the chance of being stranded in an undesirable or dangerous situation.
After owning my 06 for a year and a half.... I havn't took a really good look at my spare,
So I did last night. A. Its near wore out. What kind of dumbass wears out the spare??? B. Theres no tire iron.
Ive been driving with dead weight all this time. Removed it for now.:banana: Less weight.