Noob here a few questions

I had a mustang when I was 16 it was and have always been a fan of the car. I am now looking to get a fox body 5.0. It will be my daily driver but I would like to also have a little fun at the track from time to time. This brings me to my questions, I live in south florida and was wondering if you new about how much it will cost to get a good 5.0. It doenst need to be perfect but good running. ANy suggestions on what to look for certian options/years to look for or stay away from and info will be helpful. Lastly, wheres the best place to look, i've looked on autorader and ebay but was wodnering if there was any other places... thanks

-Rick

• Sponsors (?)

I had a mustang when I was 16 it was and have always been a fan of the car. I am now looking to get a fox body 5.0. It will be my daily driver but I would like to also have a little fun at the track from time to time. This brings me to my questions, I live in south florida and was wondering if you new about how much it will cost to get a good 5.0. It doenst need to be perfect but good running. ANy suggestions on what to look for certian options/years to look for or stay away from and info will be helpful. Lastly, wheres the best place to look, i've looked on autorader and ebay but was wodnering if there was any other places... thanks

-Rick

I'd say between 2800-4500 you can buy a decent fox with not a huge amount of miles on it. Though, I'm not from Florida, I'd have to guess that would be around the ballpark you may be looking at.

I'd look 90-93, and if I was in your shoes, I'd find myself a Notch. I would also take a look into craigslist in your local area as well. :nice:

Good luck

screw a 93. loss in power for no good reason! plus crappy hypereutectic pistons. get 89-92. 89 was the first year for mass air and last year for tilt steering wheel. i believe 90 was the first year for pony wheels. its all personal preference! things i would look out for are rust, leaks, ghetto modifying, and damage to torque boxes. the torque boxes are where the control arms for the rearend mount to the body. just check for any basic no-no's as you would with any other car. good luck!