NOSzle Direct Port E.F.I. Nitrous System

Daggar

Jul 19, 2004
Spill your guts folks. The description of these systems on the Holley site suck.

Who's used em?
How much tuning did you have to do?
What was the cost?
blah blah blah?

• Sponsors (?)

no direct port is different. I run a plate in my explorer like shown above, direct port however is injected directly at the sight of the fuel injectors into each cylinder...get this...directly:jaw: lol. I run an NOS system and it is great, pretty straightforward, but I have no experience with the direct port.

I'm kind of limited on what I can do due to the Kenne Bell. I mean... I could runa plate system but I'd have to change (machine) the snout bracket for the blower to acoomadte the additional hieight. This direct port looks a hell of allot easier. Gas and Fuel through the same port.

The other thing that occured to me is that since there are individual lines for fuel and gas, that it would be a hell of allot easier to tune! Creating additional electronic tunes and having to switch when juice is on or off... that suxxors.

Something like this might be the answer. The other option would be to have lower manifold machined for a wet system.

The system supposedly works very well,I saw in a magize (forget witch) they claimed it actualy picked up a couple Hp n/a do to better fuel spray pattern or atomization.

The only thing I dont like about the NOZsle set-up is its limited to smaller shots,but probably more than you'll need on a blown application (up to 300Hp I believe its good for).The second possable drawback is that it mounts under the injectors,if you dont have room then it we be a pain to install cause you'll need to raise the obstruction (does your blower cover the injector rails?)

Other wise,look into a Sportsman fogger,you got to drill and tap the lower manifold (1/16" NPT),but thats really not a big deal for you Im sure.

Yes... it covers the fuel rails and injectors. The blower would need to come off for installation.

Not a HUGE deal though. I'd only need to replace the GT-40 upper to lower gasket. I would imagine (although I don't know) that the adjustments for fuel would be made at a location other than the nozzle itself (maybe a fuel regulator for the N20 kit or something?).

actually at each cylinder there will be jets for fuel and N20 to bypass your regulator and bump the fuel psi. There will most likely be one jet for fuel and one for nitrous per cylinder; therefore the diameter of the jet would be the determining factor for the amount of fuel bumped.

I'd hope that it's not a matter of swapping jets. That would mean having to pull the blower after each pull. I'd rather there be a dedicated regulator just for the fuel going to the nozzles.

nope thats what jets are for sadly enough with direct port. Why can't you just tap your intake tract and run a small shot through there? How big of a shot are you going to run? Mounting N20 infront of the blower wouldn't cause any harm, as I am assuming you are doing this for cooling purposes?

Nah... I don't want to run a shot for cooling purposes. That would mean 2 tunes as well. One for a cooling charge and one for without.

I was thinking more along the lines of a 200 shot or something.

I've been looking into doing a wet kit (half heartedly at this point) but came across this direct injection kit and though it might be the way to go.

If I gotta swap nozzles to get it right though... that sounds like a PITA considering my setup.

I've got no problem running N20 through the blower but I'm not crazy about running N20 and fuel through it. I'm pretty set on running some sort of wet setup so that fuel doesn't have to be adjusted or compensated for when the button is pressed.

Hold on a second there,grey5.0beast,you can have a system set-up with the jets at the distribution block,it just takes a little more work.You get a set of 16 blank jets,drill them huge and put them into the nossle (so the tube nut,and flare seals right),then have the correct fittings on the dist. block to allow you to use jets there,the you can change all your jets in one place.

Daggar,you can change the fuel pressure to make small tuning changed,as long as your nitrous jet is a constant size,droping or adding a certain amount of f/p will give you slightly differant power levels (richer/leaner),witch can make or take 10-20Hp.

So what do you think the chances are of installing an AFPR inline of the nozzle fuel lines?

Jetting the other end of the nozzle fule line sounds a little sketchy to me. I mean... boring out those jets like that seems like it would make for a crappy spray pattern. :shrug:

Yes you could do that but without the work put into it to make all the lines coming from the distribution block coming from the solenoid equal in length you could have some distribution problems.

Daggar you might want to look at the plate kit that I am running. I am not sure if the solenoids would clear the blower though as they sit under the upper intake, but I am sure you could get them to fit. My kit only uses 4 jets total.

So what do you think the chances are of installing an AFPR inline of the nozzle fuel lines?

Interesting... you would have to make a way for the system to reroute the fuel back to the tank, I guess you could use a splitter off of your existing fuel return line and route the bleed off from your nitrous FPR back to that. Hmmmm...

Don't forget though... If I install a plate then I have to modify the snout bracket for the blower the same amount. Another PITA.

KB used to sell a snout bracket for the blower that allowed it to sit 3/8s in taller for TFS heads but they discontinued it.

I may just end up doing something like that though. It would allow me to run taller valve covers as well (def a good thing).