Not my week...speeding ticket

Discussion in 'SVT Tech Forum' started by suryo, Nov 21, 2003.

1. suryo

suryo Founding Member

Well this just isn't my week. My car got damaged in the auto car wash. And then today I get a speeding ticket. It's my first ticket for speeding. But since I got a citation for a rolling stop less than a year ago, this means that I can't take the driving class and I will assess points :( Not what I needed this week. Hopefully next week will be better for me since it will be my birthday. I do realize that there are others out there who have much bigger problems than I'm having at this time, but I just needed to vent a little. Thanks!
  2. CrimsonCobra_01

CrimsonCobra_01 New Member

i wrecked my 01 cobra 32 days after i got it. It was only front end body damage and its been in the shop for 4 months. hmmmmm hope no ones drivin it but me, makes ya think huh.

They pulled some bs saying now the engines busted, and im getting a brand new one. i dont understand because not a thing on the engine was damaged 2 months ago. Allstate insurance blows.
  3. pointcover

pointcover Founding Member

Take it to court
  4. tfritz

tfritz Founding Member

I think after a year from your first citation you're legible for Traffic School. At least in California. I lost count on how many tickets I've had since driving. But through fighting and driver school I only have two on my record. :D

EDIT: Oh yea, I just got pulled over couple days ago, but for a late out dated Registration. My dad opened the wrong mail and used mine. :doh:
    So the cop wrote me up a fix it ticket but when I got home it said driver not wearing seatbelt. I was postal! WTF? So I drove to the nearst CHP Office and found a Patrol Unit sitting out there. Asked him what I should do and he said that the cop screwed up and put the right code for late reg but wrong description. :shrug:
  5. jeitoh

jeitoh Founding Member

Just an FYI... Cali has upped the time between Traffic School visits to 18 months. I am not sure when this happened, but I think that it was pretty recent. Maybe in the last couple of years.

-J-
  6. RydeOn

RydeOn Licensed to Chill Founding Member

Its always been 18 months. At least since Ive been driving which is about 10 years now. Its funny, I just got through putting a payment for my ticket in the mail. I got wrote up by CHP for spanking a M3 on the highway. Boost gets you in alot of trouble. He was cool though and only wrote me up for going 95. Im going to traffic school so there is NO tickets on my record! :p
  7. jeitoh

jeitoh Founding Member

Hey, I did not know that it had been raised that long. Makes me feel a little old. :D

-J-