Officially "Stangless"

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
In your sister. If none, your mom
Well I did it. I sold the stang. Had too much debts to pay and this was the best way to get back on the right track. I'm sad but happy at the same time. Now I cant wait to get my 03 Cobra. It'S not gonna be soon but it's my next project.

I'll leave you with a few pics of my baby to remind you all what it looked like. It was 1 in 60 made.

im0037818ey.jpg

june04229aa1tw.jpg

dscf0046desktop0wb.jpg

im001188effect3lk.jpg

im001195effect4ot.jpg

Attachments

• im0037818ey.jpg
    im0037818ey.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 72
  • june04229aa1tw.jpg
    june04229aa1tw.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 91
  • dscf0046desktop0wb.jpg
    dscf0046desktop0wb.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 57
  • im001188effect3lk.jpg
    im001188effect3lk.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 77
  • im001195effect4ot.jpg
    im001195effect4ot.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Sponsors (?)

:(

I think your is the only car I have ever seen that has gone from fully modded from body to engine back to stock. I hate to see it go but if its the best choice for you right now then it needed to be done. Good luck with the next car!

SELL OUT !!!!!!! J/K....If you had to do it for debt I understand that...I had to get rid of 69 Z28 after my son was born....could not afford the maint. on it and job at the time was not a great paying one and had to make the choice.........a tough one......but remember this quote....
Change is not only necessary....but inevitable.........Tao de Ching....

A lot of stuff/stories happened with me and the stang. Good and bad. Just feels so weird not owning it anymore. I'm still in love with 5.0's dont get me wrong. I still turn around everytime I hear one and that smile appears on my face. I wont quit stangnet either. I love this site too much.

If I a VERY good deal comes in front of me for a fox body, I might go for it until I get my 03.

Now i'm not harpin on you stangfreak, because I went down the exact same road... the selling of the stang to get out of debt... to improve my financial situation.

but you outlined the exact reason why i didn't sell it, and that was to get back into debt. the moment i sold my car, i realized i had to get another car. and like every stanger in here, you rarely ever get something WORSE than what you already had.

that '03 is going to put you really into debt.

i'm just sad to see the car go...
we're losing #s fast, really fast.

Caldwell said:
Now i'm not harpin on you stangfreak, because I went down the exact same road... the selling of the stang to get out of debt... to improve my financial situation.

but you outlined the exact reason why i didn't sell it, and that was to get back into debt. the moment i sold my car, i realized i had to get another car. and like every stanger in here, you rarely ever get something WORSE than what you already had.

that '03 is going to put you really into debt.

i'm just sad to see the car go...
we're losing #s fast, really fast.

Yeah I hear ya on this, but the difference is that the 03 will be paid cash (or almost) and no loan will be needed. The fact that I spent 6000$ for 1 year of school ( I wasnt working either) which gave me absolutely nothing at the end, really hurt my situation. Now I got a good job (not related with my course) with good money and once I'm cleared of my debts, I think I'll be ok with the Cobra and a house with the gf.

Stangfreak95 said:
Yeah I hear ya on this, but the difference is that the 03 will be paid cash (or almost) and no loan will be needed. The fact that I spent 6000$ for 1 year of school ( I wasnt working either) which gave me absolutely nothing at the end, really hurt my situation. Now I got a good job (not related with my course) with good money and once I'm cleared of my debts, I think I'll be ok with the Cobra and a house with the gf.

I think your crazy, no offense but hear me out. I tried to use similar logic when i got my 03. I thought to myself, well i dont need to mod it, just drive it and enjoy it (bought it already moded). I had a loan out on the car, paid most of it off. Then i got to the realization that i have a 26k (what i sold it for last month) car sitting in my garage, that can ONLY be driven 7 months a year. 26k is a LARGE chunk of change to most people. I just couldnt live with the fact that i had all that money into that car, and it was only going to degrade in value. So, in the end, i sold it for 26k, picked up a 94gt for 2500 and im feeling GREAT about my money situation now. I bet you feel the same way after you have the 03 for a while. Plus you will begin to want to mod it, and modding a car that is that expensive is tough to swallow for me. The other factor for me was insurance, my insurance will be 2300 less per year now.

My friends always say, dude dont you miss the 03?!?!? Im like nah, i just look at my bank account statement to cheer me up :)

I'm right there with you. I think those who dont have an 03/04 Cobra will all say that is the car they want, but I look at my garage now and see two cars that are paid for and not losing any value. I might sell the GT to get something 4wd, but I will never sell the 5.0. Once I walk the plank this summer, I'll talk the wife into driving the 4wd and then its Cobra time. However, I am growing more fond of the 96-98 cobras now, plus they are tons cheaper. Let us know how long before your behind the wheel of a stang again.

Yeah, I completely understand your point of view stangfreak95

but i'm really on the side of yellow1995cobra and adamfogle.

only because, just from modding the existing car i have now, it's expensive, and there are ALWAYS ALWAYS hidden costs... for everything. just be careful is all i can say. I'm all for you buying what you want, batter up, just know before you get there that there are going to be things to cost you big time...
i don't know what they'll be, but i know 1 thing is for sure:

with a more expensive car comes more expensive repairs & upgrades.

hence why i dumped my idea of the bimmer. :notnice:

I personnally dont care about an M3, or a Z06, or whatever else really. We dont have that many around here and I'm just toally in love with 03-04 Cobras. Car is total style, plus engine is practicly bulletproof. It's kinda my dream mustang really, other than Eleanor :drool:

I know all about cost and mods, since I plan on having a 650-700rwhp KB supercharged snake. I really dont know what I could ask more for. Now I just gotta be patient, study possible combos and dont do anything stupid.

Stangfreak95 said:
I personnally dont care about an M3, or a Z06, or whatever else really. We dont have that many around here and I'm just toally in love with 03-04 Cobras. Car is total style, plus engine is practicly bulletproof. It's kinda my dream mustang really, other than Eleanor :drool:

I know all about cost and mods, since I plan on having a 650-700rwhp KB supercharged snake. I really dont know what I could ask more for. Now I just gotta be patient, study possible combos and dont do anything stupid.

I wouldnt go as far to say bullet proof. There are alot of people with 03/04 owners over the 600rwhp mark with blown motors. Usually due to the crappy teflon coating ford put on the pistons. It eventually wears off and the piston slams the cyl wall.

They are strong motors no doubt. Id keep the power under 550rwhp if you want the car to last. Anything over that and your playing with fire.

Good luck with what ever you choose though! :flag:

95Vert said:
How much did it go for, if you don't mind? What was your best pass?

well canadian to US conversion, roughly 7300$ US

76 000 miles. No winters. Back to stock pretty much. Only had 3:90 gears, pulleys, KC clutch, subframes, u/l control arms, driveshaft loop, triple hook quadrant and firewall adjuster, flowmasters and Mac o/r H-Pipe.

Went, once modded and naturally aspirated, 12.76@106mph on slicks. 12.801@108mph on dr's.