oil leak

Itkix

Mar 9, 2009
Just put on a u/l Trickflow intake, and a blower at 10 pounds boost have ran several times with no leaks until today I looked on the floor and at the back of the motor had a small puddle of oil on the floor, so I'm asking if the rear of the lower intake leaked would it leak oil or would it be water thats wear it appears to be coming from.

• Sponsors (?)

Just put on a u/l Trickflow intake, and a blower at 10 pounds boost have ran several times with no leaks until today I looked on the floor and at the back of the motor had a small puddle of oil on the floor, so I'm asking if the rear of the lower intake leaked would it leak oil or would it be water thats wear it appears to be coming from.

Yes, oil can leak from the rear of the lower intake. I had an identical issue myself after my rebuild.

The PCV valve is at the rear of the intake... could be blowing out of there. Have you replaced the PCV valve AND the little screen assembly under it??

Oil being on TOP of the tranny makes me think it's not the rear main.

Could just be the intake seal didn't take as well...

clean it up back there, fire it up and feel around until you can find it...

I thought it might be the Pcv but no oil running down from it, I'm gonna half to tear it all apart and do it again,always something. Guess silicone didn't seal or blower blew it out, well at least it wasn't a head gasket or I dont think.

I'm getting ready to pull the intake off and put it on again, do you guys use the gaskets at the front/back of lower intake or just silicone, I used only silicone last time,thick bead, I don't wan't to do this again. Or maybe the blower just caused the leak from the pressure?