OK PLEASE HELP ME HERE

Discussion in 'Other Auto Tech' started by mustangfan1990, Jun 22, 2008.

1. I know this is not mustang realted and I am sorry for those that cant help me that I wasted their time opening this. But i need some help. I have a 2003 ford focus zx3 with the 2.0 DOHC zetec motor in it. Ok I was driving home from work tongith and notcied my check engine light came on and then a light above it that has a ! in the middle of a triangle and then I look over at my temp gauge and it is BURIED past the red and I was HOLY **** and I cut the car off right then and there while I was driving down the road and coasted to a parking lot. Then I got out and came to the conclusion there was no water in the radiator. So I put water in it and cranked it back up and it ran the normal temp and I looked under the car and seen water dripping pretty steady. Now it is dark outside so I cant see real well but a steady drip like that and it is coming from the passenger side front of the motor( remembering this is a FWD car) I am assuming the water pump seals are gone and the water pump is bad. So I put more water in it and attemp driving it home PRAYING I did not blow the motor running it so hot earlier. So as I am driving ( biting my finger nails , because this is my only car besides the mustang AND I REALLLLLY dont want to have to drive it on a daily basis with the way gas is now) and I keep hearing a sqeaking sound then it is quiet and then it comes back and it does this the whole way home. now does this sound like a bad water pump? I am think so but my real question is does anyone know how or where I can find out how on the internet on how to change the water pump in this thing. It looks like a **** and I really dont want to do it but I am not paying Ford no more money to work on the POS And help would be nice thanks guys and sorry again this isnt mustang related but I knew I could turn to you guys for help

Anthony

2. Moved to Other Auto Tech.

Check it out during the day to see if it's the water pump seals leaking. It does sound like a good possibility of it being the problem, however.

3. Hopefully you didn't warp the head. If so equipped, I would also check all of the freeze plugs to make sure they are still in place.

4. yeah I got under it today and it is coming from behind the pulley on the water pump and now my problem is how do I get this thing out